Crypto Ethereum Co-founder to sell firm and leave cryptocurrency

Josemendez

Verified member
There is currently concern on the Future cryptocurrency will bring to the world especially when it's Volatility is considered.

According to news gathered from decrypt. One of the right founders of the second cryptocurrency by Market capitalization Ethereum , Anthony Di Iorio said that he is going to sell his software firm , Decentral and also move out of cryptocurrency.

Anthony said and I quote “I want to diversify to not being a crypto guy, but being a guy tackling complex problems,” . He further explained that cryptocurrency is very risky and he intend to abstain from such risky investment.

This is indeed a very surprising news as he is an early adopter of bitcoin and he financed ethereum development back in 2014. Of someone like him can leave cryptocurrency despite the continuous profit he stand to gain from Ethereum network as a co-founder , then the cryptocurrency world may be crumbled if other Influencers flows his path.

What do you have to say about this ?

Mika

VIP Contributor
I do not know why these people are talking such nonsense. It is incomprehensible to me why these people are talking against something that has revolutionized the global economy. First, it was Dogecoin founder who said Dogecoin, and cryptocurrency in general is not good for economy, and now Ethereum creator is saying a similar thing.

Josemendez

Verified member
I do not know why these people are talking such nonsense. It is incomprehensible to me why these people are talking against something that has revolutionized the global economy. First, it was Dogecoin founder who said Dogecoin, and cryptocurrency in general is not good for economy, and now Ethereum creator is saying a similar thing.
I think this one is quite different. He is not saying that ethereum is not good for the environment nor has it any effect on the economy of the world . He is only saying that he will no longer be part of cryptocurrency in general because he sees them as a very risky investment which should be avoided at all cost.
This won't affect the ethereum market because every investor is already aware of this .

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Well, he has his reasons for taking such a drastic decision. You know a lot of know have experts they consult with before taking any financial decision. The experts might have agreed with him on such before trying to take this decision. So I don’t think it will affect him negatively

sincerem

VIP Contributor
It won't affect him cos he has already made his mark around ETH investment. Being g a co.founder for a long time like that isn't a yardstick. Truly he has made money through crypto investment. Maybe the business isn't favouring him again that's why he has given a break to focus on the other options that he sees given him rest of mind than ETH investment. That won't discourage me from chasing my own success around Cryptocurrency cos he has achieved he's.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
The reason he gave for leaving ethereum is not too valid , i think maybe he is the kind of guy that dont like pressure and others , but just want to stay away from investing , the only thing i hope is that the information dosent affect the market that much because it might instill fear among investors who want to hold the coin for a long term

sincerem

VIP Contributor
The reason he gave for leaving ethereum is not too valid , i think maybe he is the kind of guy that dont like pressure and others , but just want to stay away from investing , the only thing i hope is that the information dosent affect the market that much because it might instill fear among investors who want to hold the coin for a long term
He just came here to create fear amongst other investors. Such kind of information isn't what we craved for. I just hope things get better and such decision and statement he tool doesn't harm others progress investing in digital coins. For me it won't harm cos he made his own dividends first before coming here to discourage the investors I'm not even interested in what he said.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
I don't really see something so serious about what he said.... Though I wouldn't advice people to believe everything they hear or see on the news. If he's pulling out from cryptocurrencies investment because it's a risky, you think he's just aware of that? Well I don't think so. Cryptocurrencies investment has been risky ever since it's inception.

Josemendez

Verified member
I don't really see something so serious about what he said.... Though I wouldn't advice people to believe everything they hear or see on the news. If he's pulling out from cryptocurrencies investment because it's a risky, you think he's just aware of that? Well I don't think so. Cryptocurrencies investment has been risky ever since it's inception.
Exactly my point , He has been a Co founder of ethereum since 4 to 5 years ago and he should by now understand fully the risk associated with cryptocurrency. I think the case is more of seeing something that to him is Profitable and not Volatile as cryptocurrency. This won't change the market because everyone understands that.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
If that is true then it is like condemning the crypto coin that he had created. It is like a founder of a big corporation that later he would leave the corporation for another endeavor. The stocks of that corporation will tend to drop in prices due to negative speculations. The price of Ethereum will suffer with that news.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Yes, its been a risky investment ever since it came into limelight in the digital world. Even him knows that, I mean the ETH co-founder. He has enjoyed the benefits of his own labour when the coin was on the massive bull run, so he shouldn't come to cos panic to those who have invested already hoping to make such kind of profit he made earlier on.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
Yes, its been a risky investment ever since it came into limelight in the digital world. Even him knows that, I mean the ETH co-founder. He has enjoyed the benefits of his own labour when the coin was on the massive bull run, so he shouldn't come to cos panic to those who have invested already hoping to make such kind of profit he made earlier on.
For real....I see what he's doing or talking like a strategy to further plunder or plague Bitcoin and the remaining Alt with further bear run. Maybe many crypto investors are not satisfied with the level of the bear run. They know quiet well that more dip, much more money for them. So in my own humble opinion, I think this guys are just gaming the ecosystem, in their own favour.

Josemendez

Verified member
If that is true then it is like condemning the crypto coin that he had created. It is like a founder of a big corporation that later he would leave the corporation for another endeavor. The stocks of that corporation will tend to drop in prices due to negative speculations. The price of Ethereum will suffer with that news.
The price if ethereum is not going to suffer in anyway because what he said is not something that can make investors panic. Cryptocurrency has always been risky and very Volatile. I think he is only saying this perhaps because he has experienced unimaginable loss during the dip.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
For real....I see what he's doing or talking like a strategy to further plunder or plague Bitcoin and the remaining Alt with further bear run. Maybe many crypto investors are not satisfied with the level of the bear run. They know quiet well that more dip, much more money for them. So in my own humble opinion, I think this guys are just gaming the ecosystem, in their own favour.
This particular bearish run and what's going around Cryptocurrency is simply beyond my imagination. But I have this feeling just as you do. That the creators of all this digital coins collide together too to cause more dip to the coins since no one controls it just them alone, it can be possible for them to manipulate anything around it and call it whatever uncertainty they feel like.