Electrical Vs Computer Engineering- What is the Career Link?

Etini

Valued Contributor
Electrical engineering and computer engineering are almost always heading the same direction career wise. I think to be proficient in any of those in these modern times, one needs to have a fair knowledge of the order. This era, most electronic devices built are digital electronics and building digital electronics needs a proper understanding of circuits. So, there is actually no possibility of aspiring to be an electrical engineer without loving computers and vice versa.

Let's take the building of a smartphone for instance. The electrical engineer designs the battery and fabricates the charging system. The computer engineer builds the chips. They meet at a point of the available power system suitable for a particular chip.

That's to say, a modern career in electrical engineering needs a deep interest in computer technology.

Holicent

VIP Contributor
I studied electrical and electronic engineering, that's a course in my university, I can boldly say they are different courses but having this similarity, 'computer' everything is almost computerized especially when you are talking about electronic, some programming languages are not excluded. So they are related at some point just that electrical/electronic engineering is wider compared to computer engineering focused at a point. An electrical/electronic engineer can work anywhere a computer engineer can work and vice versa.