Egg is a complete meal

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
This is my story when I was in grade school and life was pretty hard. My mother would pack rice and one boiled egg for my lunch in school. She would always say that the egg is one complete meal. That means the egg is full of nutrition. I don’t know if that is just an adage but I believed my mother and I feel good after lunch.

Sometime in the 1980s there was a hype against the egg that it is the source of cholesterol. Egg is bad. There was a protest march by the egg producers in our country. I vividly remember that after some weeks the pronouncement of the egg’s cholesterol was retracted. To be frank, until no I do not know the real score if the egg is bad or if the egg is one complete meal. But I eat egg (just 1) about twice in a week.

Mika

VIP Contributor
The whole egg is good for you. You can eat egg white as well as egg yellow. It is a good source of proteins and fats (among other nutrients). I do not know why the so-called dieticians and nutrition experts have enmity against fats. fats actually are very good for the brain and body. If you have high lipid profiles you should eat eggs in moderation, though.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
The whole egg is good for you. You can eat egg white as well as egg yellow. It is a good source of proteins and fats (among other nutrients). I do not know why the so-called dieticians and nutrition experts have enmity against fats. fats actually are very good for the brain and body. If you have high lipid profiles you should eat eggs in moderation, though.
People are only advice to consume white egg especially if you are above the age of 40 because at this stage of your life you may not need so much fat in your body system ,and also consuming of egg can dangerous if you consume it too much that its start affecting your body nagetively. Too much of a particular food is not good.

Empress

Verified member
Egg white is very good to take regularly for the body and our wellbeing but the yoke is not that good to consume everyday because it doesn't digest fast it normally takes like two to three days for it to digest so it is advisable to consume egg like twice in a week