Eat Yogurt to lower Blood Pressure

raaman

Valued Contributor
A new research published in a medical journal shows that eating yogurt may help reduce high blood pressure. This research carried out by a team of scientists from USA and Australia confirms previous results. A new relief against high blood pressure?

Researchers examined the relation between yogurt consumption and blood pressure in people aged 62 on average who have or have not developed the disease. About 62% of the people in the sample had blood pressure considered to be high (at least 140/90 mmHg).

After eliminating several factors like cholesterol or blood sugar, the results show that in people suffering from hypertension, the consumption of yoghurt lowered blood pressure. However, the scientists reveal that this is a modest but statistically significant reduction in people with the pathology.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
This is the first time I am hearing about the health benefit of yoghurt but I won't be surprised as I do see most rich people find of taking it. But I will be glad if the article tried to tell us the one thst is better between the sweetened and unsweetened youghurt.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
I have never heard that yoghurt has the ability to lower the blood pressure of an individual, only consider you god as a sweet delicacy that can be used to treat some stomach upset and that is all. Do you really think people should rather take youghurt than taking their drug to reduce their blood pressure ?
A new research published in a medical journal shows that eating yogurt may help reduce high blood pressure. This research carried out by a team of scientists from USA and Australia confirms previous results. A new relief against high blood pressure?

Researchers examined the relation between yogurt consumption and blood pressure in people aged 62 on average who have or have not developed the disease. About 62% of the people in the sample had blood pressure considered to be high (at least 140/90 mmHg).

After eliminating several factors like cholesterol or blood sugar, the results show that in people suffering from hypertension, the consumption of yoghurt lowered blood pressure. However, the scientists reveal that this is a modest but statistically significant reduction in people with the pathology.

Empress

Verified member
Yoghurt has a lot of benefits that it does to our health because of the nutrient that it contains