General insurance Earthquakes; risks and insurance issues

Phabbyfundz

An earthquake is a sudden rapid shaking of the earth caused by a breaking and shifting of rocks beneath the earth's surface. This breaking can sometime trigger landslides , avalanche, flash flood ,fire and tsunami. Unlike other natural disasters such as hurricanes, there are no specific seasons for earth quakes.
Earthquakes in the united states are covered under homeowners or business insurance policies. Coverage is usually available for earthquake damage in the form of an endorsement to a home or business insurance policy. However insurers that do not sell earthquake insurance policy may be impacted by these catastrophe due to loss from fire following an earthquake. This losses may involve claims for business interruption and additional living expenses as well,cars and other vehicles are covered for earthquake damage under the comprehensive part of the auto insurance policy.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
Although I thought they actually do not cover risk that might be caused by natural disasters since only man made risk are noted , I really need to make more research on the comprehensive auto insurance,as I Know that vehicles only get protection against fire , theft excluding natural disasters too

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
Earthquake is a natural disaster that is definitely not planned for, it means that it can certainly happen anytime without any prior notice or prediction. Some people do say that it is not insurable while some disagree with it which led to an argument about it. To be honest, I was once involved in this before