Dropshipping Vs Affiliate Marketing: Which Online Selling Method Makes More Money Online

Mika

VIP Contributor
There are a lot of similarities between dropshipping and affiliate marketing. Both of these are online selling methods that do not require you to manufacture products or procure products in order to sell products. Both of these methods do not require you to invest in products in order to sell products online.

Since dropshipping and affiliate marketing are similar in many ways, a lot of people have this question in their mind:

Dropshipping and affiliate marketing, which online selling method will help you make more money?

Well, the answer depends on what you are selling, how you are selling, how much money you are spending on marketing and promotion.

While affiliate marketing may not require a website to sell products, you need a website to sell with dropship method and you might have to spend a lot of money on website maintenance.

AmaliaTG

I am team Affiliate Marketing, actually for me I don't spend money to promote my affiliate products. Upon promoting affiliate products one needs to consider the quality and affordable products that people can buy. Also the channels that you use to promote your affiliate products like Instagram, Facebook pages and YouTube. And they are all for free. Only when one is using Email marketing and Facebook ads marketing is when you will be charged few dollars. I make $100 at minimum per month using affiliate marketing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
Affiliate marketing is one of the fastest ways to make money, if it's done with the right and bright technic. If you promote the right products that creates or add values then this may help you get your traffics attention, with this you may be receiving your commissions without having to deal with the company, so far they are not withholding your commissions but in dropshipping after receiving order, you may need to contact the company to know the address of the buyer.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Drop shipping is not to be compared in making money. There are a lot of hindrances when it comes to drop shopping which makes it less lucrative when compare to sffksite marketing. Before a transaction is completed on drop shipping, many would have been done on affiliate marketing.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Its not a necessity to dropship.using a website, you can forget about website building and go for a rented one lime dropshipping at shopify or even Amazon, eBay, Alibab, Jumia etc. They're the options of dropshipping. Even Facebook marketplace is there to dropship for, just buy ads directly from Facebook and start dropshipping things are made easier this days online.

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
I am in favour of whatever is best. Dropshipping is however more actively requires Cost Per Action. While affiliate marketing even have Cost per Click (CPC) and Cost per Mille (CPM). Some of my friends and known people are trying dropshipping, but not successful. I am trying to find a way to train them.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
Affiliate marketing is a more formal means of earning by promoting products. Dropshipping is the informal way because you can promote the product to your friends or followers in social media and earn a commission when you get a sale. Affiliate marketing is for a long term because you can still earn from the product that you promoted as long as there are buyers.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
on a normal day I would say that it is affiliate marketing because I have seen a lot of people making money from it on monthly basis. I don't really know much about dropshipping because I haven't seen people making money from it and how exactly they do it. I will take her fleet market in any day any time over dropshipping but that does not mean it is more profitable.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Looks like a lot of people here do not understand what exactly is dropshipping. Dropshipping means you build an online store (with a domain and hosting) and sell products from your store. However, in stead of maintaining inventor for selling product, you contact your supplier to send the product to the customer.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Looks like a lot of people here do not understand what exactly is dropshipping. Dropshipping means you build an online store (with a domain and hosting) and sell products from your store. However, in stead of maintaining inventor for selling product, you contact your supplier to send the product to the customer.
Yeah, dropshipping resembles affiliate marketing, that's why people gets confuse about the both. But when they read about your message, they'll come to understand that, some of those online e-commerce stores are simply operating a dropshipping business in order to make money online. Instead of going offline to shop for products, they buy from the vendor online, and direct their customers purchased goods ID to the vendor to dropship their products to their location.

Abigael

Valued Contributor
Both of them are profitable methods of earning but require good skills so that you can make money. One should study both ways well and choose one that they are most comfortable with. For me, I think I would go for Affilliate marketing since I can just sell the products on social media platforms. Having a website seems like work.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
It depends on the strategy any of them adopts. If a dropshipping owner works hard with better strategies of getting more sales surely he or she will earn higher than an affiliate marketer cos those products he or she owned it, meaning the dropshipper will earn full profit as the owner of the products dealing online.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
On Amazon, you get 1-10 percent commission depending on the product niche. Let say you manage to sell beauty product, which pays 10 percent commission, worth $10, you earn $1. If you are doing dropship, you will create your own price. If the product cost price is $10, you can add $2 dollar to your selling price.