Drawback about Affiliate Programs

raaman

Valued Contributor
One of the biggest drawback about affiliate programs is that sometimes, the website or the topic to which you try to drive visitors may have nothing to do with the subject that you handle.

In such a situation, you are really losing while promoting the products or services. It is because the goal of the website may be to bring together people interested in things other than your topic.

In such a case, wood working in the kitchen or living room or in any other thing outside the marketing and Internet businesses you advertise, you may not be able to achieve any sales.

Lekhraj19

Verified member
You mentioned a good point there. But, I want to add one more point that in affiliate marketing time factor is the thing that affects the most, as you don't know whether the way you are using to gain traffic will gain you the users or not. But, for the hope of success we do it and sometimes after a lot of effort, it does not result into required outcomes. In some sites, where you can earn for affiliate marketing location also matters i.e. mostly in CPA marketing, I have seen.

They limit most of the offers to some countries and then you can't promote those high-paying commission offers.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
One of the draw backs of affiliate programs is that some of them determine the source of traffic for you. They will tell you the type of traffic they accept and the one they reject. You can't just use any traffic you like.

For instance, Market Health affiliate program stated it in their traffic policy that you cannot promote their products via email marketing. Before you promote any of their product with pay per click traffic, you have to apply first.

Amazon associate program let it be known that affiliate cannot promote their affiliate links on social media platforms. Also, you can not advertise their affiliate links on any ads display platforms.

All these rules often limit the capacity to earn more on these affiliate programs. If you fail to abide by the instruction, you might lose your account in the process.