Auto Insurance Does auto insurance cover theft?

kayode10

VIP Contributor
Auto insurance is part of the insurance people are doing to prepare for the unforeseen circumstances that may happen around their vehicles.

In some countries it is mandatory for everyone who who owns a car to get auto insurance policy for their vehicles. This create more opportunity to prepare anything that may happen to the vehicles.

I was watching a YouTube video on auto insurance and how someone can go about it few days ago. One thing I noticed from the video is that the person does not talk about theft and this got me one worried somehow.

People around me here have little knowledge about how auto insurance works. So I want to ask that can auto insurance cover theft of the car?

btaliat

VIP Contributor
When you want to go for auto insurance, there are many policies under it. There are some polices like fire, theft and even accident. The one that will apply for most time is what the insurance may cover and not everything except of the auto insurance will opt for is comprehensive.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
@btaliat that is very good I don't know that someone can choose is housing policy under auto insurance that will suit the need. With what you've said I think it is very good to go for the one that covers everything so as not to be left out when an unforeseen circumstances. I know the policy that covers everything will be expensive and it worth it.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
I
@btaliat that is very good I don't know that someone can choose is housing policy under auto insurance that will suit the need. With what you've said I think it is very good to go for the one that covers everything so as not to be left out when an unforeseen circumstances. I know the policy that covers everything will be expensive and it worth it.
Yes. It is very expensive. That's why most people only select a particular policy that they know it has a very high tendency of happening. This will not only save them money but also make them becareful in other areas. But in order to be covered comprehensively, it is better to do the policy that will cover everything

sincerem

VIP Contributor
For sure, it covers your car when it is stolen, since it isn't your fault you'll get compensated for it. Stealing is one of the natural disasters of life, when your car is lost through theft, it's simply the duty of the insurance company to replace the stolen car to the insured.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
It should cover theft of the vehicle.this is why one should always work with a broker that will make one understand how this things work or else you might even get cheated in the process.if uoi insure your car and it get stolen I.believe the insurance company should help out

kayode10

VIP Contributor
The insurance company should be able to provides you with new car provided you are paying your premium regularly. when did test happens the first thing you need to do is to go to the police station to get a report about the incident. Then you can go ahead and request for a claim as the insurance company you are using.

Good luck

Verified member
One of the major auto insurance policy should be Incase of theft and when there is any form of accident too,the insurance should take care of it.An insured car can be stolen and it is the responsibility of the insurance company to do something about it or probably paying the owner some amount of money to purchase another one.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
Auto insurance truly cover theft , it protect your car against any form of theft incidence ,I guess it's definitely the reason why many go for the auto insurance policy , but when doing so make sure you choose a legit company that would cover the risk for you I think

dagm

Automobile insurance coverage really deal with burglary , it safeguard your vehicle versus any type of type of burglary occurrence ,I assumption it is certainly the reason lots of opt for the automobile insurance coverage , however when doing this ensure you select a legitimate business that will deal with the danger for you I believe

Nite

Valued Contributor
Normally, insurance companies cover theft. The type of policy which gives protection against theft of your car is Comprehensive car insurance policy. If you want the most superior kind of protection for your car, then comprehensive car insurance policy is the one. This type of policy also covers personal accident damages.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
Automobile insurance coverage really deal with burglary , it safeguard your vehicle versus any type of type of burglary occurrence ,I assumption it is certainly the reason lots of opt for the automobile insurance coverage , however when doing this ensure you select a legitimate business that will deal with the danger for you I believe
Yeah you are right on this on the part of finding a legitimate company to do the insurance for you ,but I think there is actually a separate insurance policy named buglary insurance policy while auto insurance policy covers risks pertaining to theft ,fire , accident or any other risk that most cars usually face

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
Speaking for myself, with the little I know about auto insurance, I believe it sure covers theft because that’s what the coverage is specifically meant for. If the vehicle can’t be found then the insurer should be able to replace it for the owner as long as the policy is still actively intact

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
Speaking for myself, with the little I know about auto insurance, I believe it sure covers theft because that’s what the coverage is specifically meant for. If the vehicle can’t be found then the insurer should be able to replace it for the owner as long as the policy is still actively intact
Exactly because once research have been made and no vehicle was found the insurance company would be quick to return back the vehicle to the person , because the person have paid for the risk and it needs coverage so the person bcaj get his full benefits as he or she is insuring again the risk I think

Chibson

VIP Contributor
I think there is usually agreement and policies so that will definitely cover that but the insurance company must have enough conviction and you must have enough evidence that your car or auto vehicle was stolen. the insurance companies has the responsibility of investigating such claims before they compensate you in order not to run into losses.