Auto Insurance Does auto insurance cover bicycle accidents?

kayode10

VIP Contributor
Having a car make it possible for someone to go anywhere they like so far the vehicle is on a good condition.

But there are things that happen beyond our control and one of them is accident.

There was a time I was traveling together with a friend of mine in his car. Suddenly on the highway, a bicycle rider mistakenly drive to our side and a little accident occur.

The good news is that no one is injured, it was only the the bicycle that has minor issue on its body.

Another thing is that both of them involved in the accident sympathized with one another, which is a commendable act from them.

So I want to ask you guys that does auto insurance cover bicycle accident?

btaliat

VIP Contributor
There are some insurance that we don't really need to be thinking of even if they exist. In my won opinion, buying insurance policy to cover bicycle is one of them. I will only see this as wasting of money because the sum total of the premium will even be more than that bicycle itself.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Provided you have funds to get it covered at the initial stage insurance will definitely get your covered. If anything happens to your bicycle and you encountered accident in the process you'll be taking care of too, cos it is stated to take care of the insured incase of bodily injuries.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Yesh I think it does understand Auto insurance because it still part of auto where one can actually damage the.bicycle or get badly injured via it. But my worries is.on the premium to be paid. Would it be too high a money to waste on the payment of premium for it

Good luck

Verified member
There is nothing like bicycle insurance policy that I have heard in my life.though bicycle can be part of ones property that is insured. The insurance policy can only cover everything generally not in terms of having an accident with a bicycle and the company will now be held responsible to take care of the issue.it is not or never doneO

kayode10

VIP Contributor
Auto insurance will cover bicycle accident if it happens that you are the one that hit the bicycle rider on the highway. So far it is accident, auto insurance policy will cover it except if there is any consideration. If you going to cover you prefer the licence is on you and your vehicles. But I can't say if there is any injury sustained by the third party.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Provided you have funds to get it covered at the initial stage insurance will definitely get your covered. If anything happens to your bicycle and you encountered accident in the process you'll be taking care of too, cos it is stated to take care of the insured incase of bodily injuries.
I will like to differ with your opinion. I don't think insurance company will go for bicycle insurance policy because the premium on it may be somehow small. Besides, the chance of having bicycle stolen or have accident is slim. But if the owner is thinking of accident, there should be life assurance or health insurance for that

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I will like to differ with your opinion. I don't think insurance company will go for bicycle insurance policy because the premium on it may be somehow small. Besides, the chance of having bicycle stolen or have accident is slim. But if the owner is thinking of accident, there should be life assurance or health insurance for that
Lol, it's quite strange for me going for bicycle insurance. I understand that, the person simply wants to protect him or herself from road accidents but in the case of bicycle it wouldn't be that possible to get insurance coverages due to its not worth it, but we never can tell insurance companies have their own plan, they can still accept it.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Lol, it's quite strange for me going for bicycle insurance. I understand that, the person simply wants to protect him or herself from road accidents but in the case of bicycle it wouldn't be that possible to get insurance coverages due to its not worth it, but we never can tell insurance companies have their own plan, they can still accept it.
Anyone who needs to get himself covered through any accident on bicycle should go for health insurance policy where he may be treated for sustaining injury rather than going for bicycle insurance. What's even the chance of having serious injury when it comes to bicycle accident except of course, there was a collision. Anyway if the person has money to waste, he can go for bicycle insurance

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
Yeah I think auto insurance covers such ,the auto insurance policy was created to protect the risk that might be accruing from vehicles and bicycle inclusive , but the important aspect is that you need to keep paying the necessary premium ,if you are willing to get the full benefits attached to insuring against the risk I think , it's one thing to note

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
First of all, I am not sure if buying an a coverage for a bicycle can be done under auto insurance. Well for some reason, it is also a means of transportation even though the movement is highly restricted in terms of distance. Well what do I know about the business

Chibson

VIP Contributor
I think it depends on the kind of agreement you have with the insurance company. This is because there are some policies that may include bicycle accidents especially if you are the one that is riding it as someone have stated up there . Auto insurance have something to do with anything pertaining vehicles.