Does a Budget Scare you?

raaman

Valued Contributor
I know that the word budget scares a lot of people. It is because it is associated with feelings of limitation on spending and also of frustration. Lots of people have tried to make a budget.

They tried it without success and that's why they feel better without a budget. However, it doesn't have to be this way and in fact that happens because there is a lot of advice circulating.

Those advice seems to make sense but doesn't really work. I understand this because the same thing happened to me too: I read countless books and blogs on budgets, tried various applications until I found why none of that worked.

Abigael

Valued Contributor
A budget does not scare me this days. This because I have learn its importance on how it helps me spend wisely and not waste my money away. Since I started budgetting, I have avoided spending unnecessarily and I don't take loans anymore.

In my own opinion, those who fear budgetting have a wrong mentality towards. They may fall in that category of people who always say that it is better to spend their money now before they die. Others just lack self discipline to follow through on the budgets they have made.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
When I got a grant from a government institution to produce a movie I was ecstatic. The budget was $10,000 only which is meager. I had to review the costing and asked support from my friends in the movie industry – director, cameraman, production designer, film editor, etc – just to save on cost. But in the end I still shelled about half of the budget. Yes, it is so difficult to handle a tight budget. That movie project was a big lesson to me that a budget will not suffice because of unseen incidental expenses.

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
To be honest, a budget does not scare me at all. I see it as the most effective way to manage my money and so I do not have any fear. It tends to Serve as a proper guide that would help me avoid reckless spending. A budget gives you a proper glimpse of the future. If you take your time to make your budget at the beginning of a year, you are rest assured of the fact that the remaining months won't come with surprising bills because you have budgeted money for everything.

There are people who work hard every day and night, but they seem to have nothing to show for it. The reason for this is that they do not have a proper guide and planning that would help them avoid unnecessary spendings.
Budget shouldn't scare anyone.