Do you work for salary only?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
My work is divided into two category -
1) Job :- Main thing is salary, but it also includes other benefits like medical benefit, insurance, paid leaves, bonuses, allowance, and other benefits. So this means it is for money and all other benefits.
2) Social Work :- This is for society, there I have no profit from those who benefit from my work; this is for charity, benevolence.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I personally do not like the idea of working just for the salary. I want to work in a career that I am really passionate about, I keep improving my skills and feel like I am actually working and living my purpose. You see the bad thing about working for just the salary alone is that you don't even enjoy your work. In the end lack of self actualization can even lead to depression.
That's simply nice of you to work for the passion and bring the best result for the company you're working for, and not truly looking for the money for satisfy your personal needs even when you aren't passionate about it. Their is always between working for the passion and just for the financial benefits. With the passion you can make proficient and better off, even stay longer in the job you're offered than the one working for the money.

Mika

VIP Contributor
These days I work as a freelancer. Normally, how much I earn from each assignment really matter because how money is very important for me. However, before I start working, the assignments that I choose also also be appealing to me. Generally speaking, I try to avoud assignments that are not interesting to me.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
The truth is that a lot of people work for different reasons and there are some people that work for salary only and there are some that work for experience because they want to start their own business. There are people who have worked for people before and after some time of experience they started their own and are doing very well. Some people also work because they want the experience to run their own business.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
What motivates diffrent workers vary. But in actual sense, everybody loves being motivated. In fact, some people may even reduce their input or even don't put their best if not well motivated.

This is where a business owner must be careful to study his workers and know what motivates them. This will make him to know how well to motivate his workers.

There are some that salary is their motivation. They are ready to work for hours of the salary is huge and it is paid as and when due. They believe that people should work well for the money or salary that one has collected.

As we have some people that are motivated by salary. Others are motivated with the presence of conducive environment. If the environment is conducive and has whatever they believe will enhance their work done. These set of people already trend with civilization. They care about the latest gadgets to be installed or be provided in their workplace.

The latter workers won't still perform well or better even if they are well paid. They only thrive and do their utmost best when given the right tool. These set of people work for passion rather than money.

Which set of people do you prefer and why?
In as much as the main essence is making money it is better to work for Passion. I like committed staff because they don't only think of the money they will receive but they will also move the company forward. This is how it should be for mutual gain by all

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
I would not work only for salary. there are many people who work and they also suffer and endure the bad behavior of their managers because they have no choice. I cannot work for someone who yells at me, so salary is not the only thing I consider when it comes to working for someone. There are many other factors such as the behavior of employer and job timings.
I think this is a valid points....Sometimes some particular managers have this kind of unfair behavior to their workers, just because they are at the helm of affairs in the company. I don't support this kind of attitude of playing God in every ways. I think a manager should be able to motivate workers to work effectively without getting to abuse their dignity!

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
Workers should be treated very well not treated as slaves....In my country companies uses workers anyhow without any incentive or motivation. Salary alone some times can't encourage workers, words of encouragement can do a lot most times. And may be pay rise as well can also boost workers morale!

Abigael

Valued Contributor
I personally do not like the idea of working just for the salary. I want to work in a career that I am really passionate about, I keep improving my skills and feel like I am actually working and living my purpose. You see the bad thing about working for just the salary alone is that you don't even enjoy your work. In the end lack of self actualization can even lead to depression.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Like the popular saying "different strokes for different folks". There are different reasons and purposes why people work. Some people work because they are in need of money and because they don't want to be unemployed why some work because they want money and also want experience. some people want to open their own business and on their pursuit of knowledge they want to work for other people first.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
When their is better pay rise it motivates and increases one's input. But not the only thing that motivates a worker, just that others have what motivates them most. If I'm the one, passion must be there for me to give my best for the tasks that comes to me. When I'm not passionate about what is presented as an offer, if simply not work better.

funmi

Verified member
Not at all. I do not work for salary only. If I do, then I would have been a begged by now.
Working for salary only is very bad and risky, now a days that one source Of income is not enough for people, how will I cope with depending on salary work only? There fore, I do not work for salary only, I do other businesses too.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Incorrect Category Posting
What motivates diffrent workers vary. But in actual sense, everybody loves being motivated. In fact, some people may even reduce their input or even don't put their best if not well motivated.

This is where a business owner must be careful to study his workers and know what motivates them. This will make him to know how well to motivate his workers.

There are some that salary is their motivation. They are ready to work for hours of the salary is huge and it is paid as and when due. They believe that people should work well for the money or salary that one has collected.

As we have some people that are motivated by salary. Others are motivated with the presence of conducive environment. If the environment is conducive and has whatever they believe will enhance their work done. These set of people already trend with civilization. They care about the latest gadgets to be installed or be provided in their workplace.

The latter workers won't still perform well or better even if they are well paid. They only thrive and do their utmost best when given the right tool. These set of people work for passion rather than money.

Which set of people do you prefer and why?

Mika

VIP Contributor
When I had a job, I was not only working for salary but also for the bonus and commission that I would be entitled if I delivered better and excelled in the projects I was commissioned. Therefore, when I had a job I was working for money (monthly salary plus bonus/incentives). There was no chance of promotion and all that.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
I would not work only for salary. there are many people who work and they also suffer and endure the bad behavior of their managers because they have no choice. I cannot work for someone who yells at me, so salary is not the only thing I consider when it comes to working for someone. There are many other factors such as the behavior of employer and job timings.

Bami

I don't want for my salary alone because if I want to depend on my salary you know federal workers we don't need to depend on our federal government apart from my salary I still do some online business that still have money that if I to withdraw I can withdraw more than 150 US dollar even more than my salary

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
I do not work for salary alone because salary can not take care of the expenses to be incurred.
Its is good thing to have a side job because before one could work for a month salary in my country and live without a side job will be very difficult .
So living with salary alone is not good at all.

Mellorando

Banned
I personally don't like working for anyone but myself even though I'm working for someone I won't work for only salary I will also work probably own a little business elsewhere to back up my other work so that in case I get fired I won't be stranded or frustrated but instead keep living as if everything is normal

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
The best example for this topic is my wife. She has been employed in their company for more than 30 years already. Her attitude is like she is part owner of their company so anything that needs to be corrected even if not under her jurisdiction she goes out of her way to report. She actually had caused one manager to be fired for stealing the company’s property.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
I don't work for salary and I don't consider a salary work appealing to me because if I have an opportunity I'll do a lot of things and set up my own business and manage it myself I don't like to be tight down by the government of my country just a little thousand of naira every month.

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
No, working for salary only is not a good idea, even if having a good work in which you collect your monthly salary I prefer you have a small business doing in which you can get your daily income, in this way you can never run out of cash, you can even engage yourself in a paid to post site I wish you get your money daily not until you wait for the month to end to get your salary.

Status
Not open for further replies.