Do You Think An Educated Person Can Get A Job As A Butcher At A Meat Store? Have You Ever Seen This?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Butchery is a skill and this kind of skill can get you a job at any meat shop. The fact of the matter is that most of the people who work as butcher in my country are not educated individuals who could ever work in a company or get a white collar job. Unfortunately, this is a sad and harsh truth. However, recently, I have seen that an educated person was working as a butcher at a sophisticated and well-maintained meat store. The meat store was not your typical or ordinary meat shop rather it was a clean and really well-built meat store. Do you think that a person who is qualified enough could also work as a butcher at some meat store? I was kind of a bit amused. Please do provide some interesting comments.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
Lol But I don't think it's about education....There are some jobs that don't really need or require too much education, all you need is just a skill in that area of the job. Like being a butcher in a meat store, will and can only require you to possess a butchering skills. Knowing how to handle your butchering knife effectively, and you will also need to be strong as well.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
A meat butcher is a decent job and I know of a butcher who is a college graduate. He chose the butcher job because the pay is good and he learns from the trade. There is also a chance to be promoted to the supervisory or managerial level because the turnover of workers is quick. But generally a college graduate will not work as a butcher.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Its only lack of white collar job that will make one who is a graduate look into this kind of job opportunity in the meat butchering industry. But if the pay is meaningful in your country then it is very much worth it that way to earn some amount of money for sustainability than just wasting the years on the sidelines doing nothing and answering graduate as a bragging right.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
A meat butcher is a decent job and I know of a butcher who is a college graduate. He chose the butcher job because the pay is good and he learns from the trade. There is also a chance to be promoted to the supervisory or managerial level because the turnover of workers is quick. But generally a college graduate will not work as a butcher.
You are right man! Being in this position may not last longer, there will be a reasonable and well decorated position that will be opened in the future and he can moved there. And moreover it could trade lesson for anyone, you may eventually leave the shop and you would open your butcher shop....No knowledge is wasted.

Setho

VIP Contributor
Where is this particular immigration scheme that Canada is only not known as the Urban nomad. It is a particular scheme that allows them to grab people like butchers, food chefs and like professions to the country. For a matter of fact in many locations this jobs are very well paying jobs and there is nothing wrong with an educated person doing them.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
I don't know of advanced countries. But in my country, butchery is not formal business that needs education before it can be carried out. Though you need to be under some people to put you through on how the business is done. That is, you need to learn how meats are cut, how meats are preserved but it doesn't necessarily mean you need to be in school to know all these.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
This is mostly about the country resides in because as you have describe yourself it might not be same for other countries.but sincerely there's nothing wrong for a college graduate to be one. This has nothing to do with meat butchering and maybe selling. If you love the job and money that comes with it go for it