DO YOU THINK A FIRST-CLASS DEGREE CAN GUARANTEE SUCCESS IN LIFE?

IamDozzy

Graduating with a first class doesn't automatically open the doors of success for someone, it only gives one the keys to open the door of success. It now depends on the first class holder on how he/she uses the key to open the door of success. If he/she uses it the right way then success is an assurance but if used the wrong way, success would be very hard to find. Apart from aiming for a first class, aim for skills because that's what would put food on the table.

Teatea

Not anymore, infact most of the people making it big out there are those with a lower class of degree. Even most companies would rather go for a person with a lower degree, because they believe they would accept an average pay than their counterparts with a higher degree who would insist on a very high pay.
However, this is not to discourage people with a top grade, the ones who know their worth take their rightful place.

Samuel72

Verified member
according to my own point of view I don't believe first class degree can guarantee success in life but it is very possible that every first class degree will be successful in life but you have to work towards it, for a man to become successful in life it's not all about first class degree it's all about your determination and hard work if you are determined and you are hard-working there's a possibility for you to be successful in life even if you are not a first class degree

I think in some countries the answer is yes no matter the grade graduated with, while in some countries its no even with the first class you join the labour market to search for job. Another criteria in my region for getting the high job is by having connection or being connected to the persons who rules the country.

Setfragil

First class degree doesn't guarantee success, what guarantee success in life depends on so many things. You might have first class degree and the knowledge to survive in some other areas of life might not be in the class of the degree that you have. Achieving success in life is at most times more than what a degree can guarantee. When you continue to depend on your class of degree to be successful, you're likely to end up being a failure in life.

Victor001

There is no limit to acquiring knowledge and impacting knowledge, no degree is a waste, whether First class or second class, it only limit your chances not your goals. It's all about time and chance. I know some first class that are still struggling I also know some lower grades still struggling, this factors are bound to happen,it's just for you to strive in whatsoever you are doing and don't see life as a competition.

Briangsam

Education is a leveler of sort especially for people from poor backgrounds. Education could be a way maker. So it is important to attend a school and graduate as strongly as possible. Hence, the absolute importance of graduating with a first class. Being a first class graduate will surely open doors of opportunities. Although other factors also contribute to being a success but first class will sure help.

Daykas

Truth be told,graduating with first class in this world nowadays doesn't bring success to your doorsteps. If we take a look at Nigeria in a whole,we would see that most high place of success is attain with connection.
If it another country I can say it might give room to better offer.

Nii41

It does not, there are first class graduates still unemployed, struggling to make ends meet. In this country we are in, were getting a very good job will be determined by how strong your connection is, your first class might not matter. Although there are still reputable organisations that employ based on merit, just that they are very few. It is very important for one to learn a skill so that where your degree cannot take you, your skill/business will take you there. There are people doing so well in their business, that they probably wouldn't have earned that much if they were working under someone.

Doradorwa

Opportunity seeker
Okay so many people are gonna disagree with me on this but I think I'm entitled to my own opinion... As a student I've met alot of people that we have had agurement about this topic: about your degree not guaranteeing success but they also feel otherwise and tag me unserious... Believe me I don't get worried tho... So do you know that most of the people we celebrate today are mostly school drop out that had A CREATIVE MIND and today they are household names.
Now don't get me wrong pls... There are a lot of people who got rich with their university degree... I also wish that too for myself... But this thread is examining it otherwise... So let's check some of them out...

Michael dell: dropped out of school at the age of 19... The owner of Dell computer and it's software company

Henry ford: he never saw the 4 corners of school but he is the founder of ford motors...

Lawrence J Ellison: dropped out of college twice... He is the owner of the second largest software company... Oracle

Thomas Edison.... One of the inventor of electricity

Walt Disney: dropped out of school at the age of 16

Ray Kroc: the owner of McDonald never saw the 4 corner of school

Cosmos Maduka: Nigeria billionaire... Dropped out of the elementary school and the founder of Coscharis group.

Coco Chanel: fashion billionaire and the founder of Chanel...

Mark Zuckerberg: world youngest billionaire... Dropped out of havard at the age of 19 to promote his social network...

Asa Candler: dropped out of school at the age of 10.... The founder of coca cola

Ted Turner: media mogul and the founder of CNN

Steve Jobs: dropped out of Reed college... The founder of pixar and Apple inc

Mrs folorunsho Alakija
Ralph Lauren
Paul Allen
Orji uzor kalu...
I have a lot on my list here but be free to add yours.... Develop your potential... Don't stay only on you certificate...

Highflyer

No a first class degree does not guarantee you success in life or automatic employment after graduation. There are so many first class graduates still searching for jobs and the thing is many of them may end up being employed by CEOs with just second class lower degrees or even semi illiterate in most cases. What matters in today's world is your skills and not the class of degree you graduated with. This however doesn't mean there are not first class graduates making waves out there, they are just lesser.

Queentener

Okay so many people are gonna disagree with me on this but I think I'm entitled to my own opinion... As a student I've met alot of people that we have had agurement about this topic: about your degree not guaranteeing success but they also feel otherwise and tag me unserious... Believe me I don't get worried tho... So do you know that most of the people we celebrate today are mostly school drop out that had A CREATIVE MIND and today they are household names.
Now don't get me wrong pls... There are a lot of people who got rich with their university degree... I also wish that too for myself... But this thread is examining it otherwise... So let's check some of them out...

Michael dell: dropped out of school at the age of 19... The owner of Dell computer and it's software company

Henry ford: he never saw the 4 corners of school but he is the founder of ford motors...

Lawrence J Ellison: dropped out of college twice... He is the owner of the second largest software company... Oracle

Thomas Edison.... One of the inventor of electricity

Walt Disney: dropped out of school at the age of 16

Ray Kroc: the owner of McDonald never saw the 4 corner of school

Cosmos Maduka: Nigeria billionaire... Dropped out of the elementary school and the founder of Coscharis group.

Coco Chanel: fashion billionaire and the founder of Chanel...

Mark Zuckerberg: world youngest billionaire... Dropped out of havard at the age of 19 to promote his social network...

Asa Candler: dropped out of school at the age of 10.... The founder of coca cola

Ted Turner: media mogul and the founder of CNN

Steve Jobs: dropped out of Reed college... The founder of pixar and Apple inc

Mrs folorunsho Alakija
Ralph Lauren
Paul Allen
Orji uzor kalu...
I have a lot on my list here but be free to add yours.... Develop your potential... Don't stay only on you certificate...
The grade you had in school does not guarantee success, although you might be lucky to get a good job but how many first-class graduate as a good job today? I think the world I've gone past the certificate in our hands what is more important now is a skill you can offer and that is what everyone should work towards I'm not saying that having a first class is bad but all I'm saying is with the first class have a skills that will sell you out.

Khezo

A first class degree doesn't guarantee any success in life. First class degree out the university is something that shows that you excel in every aspect of your University education. But that doesn't guarantee you job this days. It doesn't even guarantee you would live the life you imagined for your self. A lot of graduates do not use their certificates to work out there. And I can say confidently that some are first class students

Georgeadawara

Having a first class degree only dose not give you the certificate of success in life the first class is just that you can be honored on the education aspects but in terms of of business or being successful in life they are things attached to that. In the world richest man o have not hard that one of them was a first class student but thay are people that works hard and being into business.so being a first class student can not give you guarantee to success

Georgeadawara

Having a first class degree only dose not give you the certificate of success in life the first class is just that you can be honored on the education aspects but in terms of of business or being successful in life they are things attached to that. In the world richest man o have not hard that one of them was a first class student but thay are people that works hard and being into business.so being a first class student can not give you guarantee to success

Chibson

VIP Contributor
I want to tell you that first class degree does not guarantee success in life. Even university education generally does not guarantee how successful you will be in life. I have seen several University graduate who never got a job and of course are now bus drivers and mini bus drivers. I have also seen someone who never attended a secondary school education and is now a millionaire. So, school does not guarantee how successful or wealthy you will be in life.

Hena101

Not really because i have seen many first class students roaming the street while third class or even pass students occupying big big offices in this country. This is my opinion because there is something i observed and come to this conclusion and this thing is success is what you are becoming with time not you you will just acquire. Becoming by improving yourself using the potential you that God give you discharging them accordingly and bless humanity

Abezol21

Yes, having first class degree doesn't guaranteed that one will be very successful like the people you listed above. What makes one to be successful is more than certificate, it's a combination of so many things, such as innate ability, creativity,dogednes and power to take initiative and deploying all of this to solve identified problems.

Segat

It is a two sided thing either one has a first class or not I think the most important thing is to be the best in all you find doing. So if someone is a degree seeking students be the best among your contemporary and if you find yourself is a non degree environment make sure you are the best.