Do you shop at thrift stores

I have always enjoyed going to tag sales and going to local thrift stores. When I go to a thrift store I take my time and look through the different sections of products they offer. When I walk through the different sections I take my time. I take it all in so I do not miss anything that will make me say wow. I look through these stores for a different variety of items that I can either keep for myself or sell in one of my online market places. I never know what I will find but when I find it , I will be glad I did.

gregariouszebra22

On the one hand, it's dead people clothes. On the other, it's cheap. I'm torn.
It's not dead people's clothes. Living people donate their old clothes and items to thrift stores. There may be a few items that came from an estate where someone passed away but it's not something that supplies the majority of the things at the thrift store, I know this because I OFTEN donate my clothing, books, electronics, furniture, etc. to thrift stores when I get new or can't use them anymore like when clothing no longer fits. You'e making a very bad assumption about thrift stores. More often than not when people pass away their items are given to family members that want them or sold in estate sales and not taken to thrift stores.

gregariouszebra22

I have always enjoyed going to tag sales and going to local thrift stores. When I go to a thrift store I take my time and look through the different sections of products they offer. When I walk through the different sections I take my time. I take it all in so I do not miss anything that will make me say wow. I look through these stores for a different variety of items that I can either keep for myself or sell in one of my online market places. I never know what I will find but when I find it , I will be glad I did.
I love thrift stores too. There is so much to be found there and the prices are very cheap. I remember when I started working for the department store Macy's I needed dressier clothing than I owned at the time. My aunt and I went to our favorite thrift stores and I got an entire wardrobe for work including shoes for $31.50. I had at least enough outfits to wear something different for a couple of weeks to work every day for that low of a total price. That was including both stores because at the second store we hit the jackpot and it was having a half-price sale on their already low-priced items. So pairs of pants that were regularly $5 were only $2.50, and shirts that were $2.00 were $1.00. That is what I love about thrift stores I can get things for far, far less than a department store and even the big retailers. I can get something for $5 at the thrift store that would have cost me 4 times as much at Macy's.

libertasbella

It's not dead people's clothes. Living people donate their old clothes and items to thrift stores. There may be a few items that came from an estate where someone passed away but it's not something that supplies the majority of the things at the thrift store, I know this because I OFTEN donate my clothing, books, electronics, furniture, etc. to thrift stores when I get new or can't use them anymore like when clothing no longer fits. You'e making a very bad assumption about thrift stores. More often than not when people pass away their items are given to family members that want them or sold in estate sales and not taken to thrift stores.
That could all be true, but you know there's a chance you're walking out grandpa's old corduroys whenever you set foot in the Sally Army.

That could all be true, but you know there's a chance you're walking out grandpa's old corduroys whenever you set foot in the Sally Army.
I get most of my clothes I sell from salvation army. I made $35.00 on a nike hoodie I only paid $4.00 for