Do you see any retired civil servant happy with the amount govt pay them as monthly stipend??

Status
Not open for further replies.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
The pensioners here receive a maximum of $200 for their monthly pension. The new pensioners are happy because the pension is new money to them. However, after a year the pensioner would start complaining that the pension is not enough for their medication and food. That is the current situation here of the pensioners and that includes me.
Hmm, that amount of money here in my country paid as pension stipend in your country isn't much here. $200 can't do a pensioner living with is wife for food, medication and other bill payments for one month in order to live healthier. Here in my country my dad is a pensioner, what he earns in a month is $400 which isn't much to him to take care of my mother.

Skysaint

Verified member
Its hard to cope with low monthly retirement stipend. If your country government value retirees they'll offer them higher stipends for them to care for themselves as they enter into everlasting retirement. Because they aren't returning back again from retirement, that's why I called it everlasting retirement. Its only Government officials that receives big amount of money as retirement benefit.
The pension amount here for retirees is quite small judging by the number of task and responsibilities they need money to achieve. Some people do even get retired very early and am quite sure that the pension amount won't be able to solve his daily needs and that of his family too. There is a need to atleast increase the amount of money paid to these pensioners.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
In my region, I don't think there are happy pensioners, they are always complaining mostly because their monthly payment are not always enough to sustain them and still carry out their day to day task for a month. Civil servant retirement aren't always something to celebrate about as it comes with so much burden especially to a young retiree.
Its hard to cope with low monthly retirement stipend. If your country government value retirees they'll offer them higher stipends for them to care for themselves as they enter into everlasting retirement. Because they aren't returning back again from retirement, that's why I called it everlasting retirement. Its only Government officials that receives big amount of money as retirement benefit.

Skysaint

Verified member
In my region, I don't think there are happy pensioners, they are always complaining mostly because their monthly payment are not always enough to sustain them and still carry out their day to day task for a month. Civil servant retirement aren't always something to celebrate about as it comes with so much burden especially to a young retiree.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I see more of those that complained about non-payment not about the amount perse. Sometimes I wonder whether it is just about my country, those in the helm of affairs are just too callous. How do you leave the senior citizens of the country to wallow in poverty? It can really be annoying
Annoying indeed. That's why they aren't held in high esteem here in our country. The political leaders are simply putting more funds inside their pockets and undermining the committed civil servants both retired and none - retired ones. They don't even care if they're living a healthy life or not. They aren't even replaying the aging ones with vibrant persons who is seeking for employment, everything here is just on the down.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
My father is a retired civil servant, he retired at the age of 60 back in 2018. He spent three (3) years away from receiving his pension allowances. They delayed his pension monthly stipend from 2018 to 2021 January, before the government started disbursing it to him.

For me that's a long long one for him before he started receiving his pension. Had it been he never made provisions to save up and also having other source of income before retirement, it would've been three years of nightmares to him. He wasn't happy at all seeing himself retired cos he was over owed by the government. And also the wages they're paying him now isn't much compared to the current inflation of my country.

Their are others who might be happy retired based on the amount they're receiving as monthly pension stipend, and how fast their government are paying salaries to retired and non-retired civil servants.

Are you happy or disgruntled as a retired civil servant??

Have you seen retired civil servants who are happy with their current state of earning in your country??
I see more of those that complained about non-payment not about the amount perse. Sometimes I wonder whether it is just about my country, those in the helm of affairs are just too callous. How do you leave the senior citizens of the country to wallow in poverty? It can really be annoying

sincerem

VIP Contributor
the truth is that it depends on the country you are residing on because there are some countries that take care of their retired employees. There are so many retirees that don't live happy life and I've actually seen a lot of them within my vicinity after 35 years of active service and of course that is very bad and disturbing. The employees have to play very very well in managing their salaries during their years of work or service.
Those who are resilient and careful when it comes to finance management doesn't feel bad when they bow out of service and into retirement. Because, they've already planned ahead of it long time and made investments, and emergency that will do them even without their pension stipend. Then they'll simply embrace the pension stipend as a bonus for a successful working career.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
the truth is that it depends on the country you are residing on because there are some countries that take care of their retired employees. There are so many retirees that don't live happy life and I've actually seen a lot of them within my vicinity after 35 years of active service and of course that is very bad and disturbing. The employees have to play very very well in managing their salaries during their years of work or service.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
In my home country, a government employees retires after he/she is 60 years or has served for 20 years. Once he/she is retired he/she will receive a pension of 40 percent of his salary. he/she will receive the pension as long as he/she is alive. Once the pensioner is dead, his/her spouse will receive 20 percent of the salary until dead.
One good thing with your country's policy when it comes to payment of pension stipends to retirees which I love is the fact that, after the retiree's death, 20% of his salary goes to the wife till death. I believe that's what you meant here, if so, then it is worthwhile indeed.

Here in my country you'll earn exactly the amount you earned during service at some point even more than. Cos my father is earning by far now than when he is still on service.

Mika

VIP Contributor
In my home country, a government employees retires after he/she is 60 years or has served for 20 years. Once he/she is retired he/she will receive a pension of 40 percent of his salary. he/she will receive the pension as long as he/she is alibe. Once the pensioner is dead, his/her spouse will receive 20 percent of the salary until dead.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I don't know why such kind of a thing always happens, the retirement issues are stressing everybody. Do they delay for all that time to make sure that the person will still be alive when they distribute it? lol. Because when you turn 60 people start saying goodbye to your well lived life even if you still alive. That been said, I think it's never unfair and reasonable to delay pension for that long because that person was loyal and worked so hard in that company upto retirement.
That's not what my country government asked for. They'll simply delay the retiree's pension stipend and gratuity. If you don't start on time to pursue it you might stay more than 10 years here in my country before seeing your pension stipend and gratuity. Everything in my country works well when you have a representative in the government house.

AmaliaTG

My father is a retired civil servant, he retired at the age of 60 back in 2018. He spent three (3) years away from receiving his pension allowances. They delayed his pension monthly stipend from 2018 to 2021 January, before the government started disbursing it to him.

For me that's a long long one for him before he started receiving his pension. Had it been he never made provisions to save up and also having other source of income before retirement, it would've been three years of nightmares to him. He wasn't happy at all seeing himself retired cos he was over owed by the government. And also the wages they're paying him now isn't much compared to the current inflation of my country.

Their are others who might be happy retired based on the amount they're receiving as monthly pension stipend, and how fast their government are paying salaries to retired and non-retired civil servants.

Have you seen retired civil servants who are happy with their current state of earning in your country??
I don't know why such kind of a thing always happens, the retirement issues are stressing everybody. Do they delay for all that time to make sure that the person will still be alive when they distribute it? lol. Because when you turn 60 people start saying goodbye to your well lived life even if you still alive. That been said, I think it's never unfair and reasonable to delay pension for that long because that person was loyal and worked so hard in that company upto retirement.

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
In India, retired employees receive good pension, and Pension continue to increase as well.
This is not that Government is very cool with employees, it is because of several strikes etc and threats of voting their opponents.
However there is no real Pension for employees joined on and after 2004, and there is still demand going on.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I have not really seen any civil servant retiree happy ever before. All the ones have seen around me are not usually happy with their situation after retirement. In fact, many of them usually live on loan and debt. Many of them are very sick and tired, the government of my country has failed them a lot. They are still protesting in the state where I live currently.
That's horrible indeed. The government here in our country have failed the civil servants. That alone have discouraged others going to school to become a government worked since they know, the money they'll be making won't be much to making them ends meet. And some are still owed wages in some states for many months, which makes it the more devastating.

funmi

Verified member
I have not really seen any civil servant retiree happy ever before. All the ones have seen around me are not usually happy with their situation after retirement. In fact, many of them usually live on loan and debt. Many of them are very sick and tired, the government of my country has failed them a lot. They are still protesting in the state where I live currently.

sincerem

VIP Contributor

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
The pensioners here receive a maximum of $200 for their monthly pension. The new pensioners are happy because the pension is new money to them. However, after a year the pensioner would start complaining that the pension is not enough for their medication and food. That is the current situation here of the pensioners and that includes me.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Business and passive investment scheme will really help the retired civil servants to enjoy their life at fullest and happy too during their resting days. Everything comes down to better planing. When we plan well surely we'll earn from the dividends that comes from it, but if we don't plan before retirement challenges falls through.

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
When people have come to the realization of this fact that there is no much support for pensioners in their country, then they should think about how to curtail this issue by starting to grow a business that they may be having in mind all this while. This is better as the business would grow and sustain them in days when they retire.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I only see retired civil servants who always complain about how bad they are being treated by the same governments they had worked for lengthy years. To some others, they do not get bothered as they already had investments that are generating them enough money even when they are not working again.
I see a lot of them too feeling very Mich disgruntled cos of low pay rate of pension stipend after they devoted more than 30 years to serve their country. Its just not good for them to be under appreciated, after their dedicated service years. Where as the politicians earn very much even when they aren't doing much especially the Oh yes types.

Status
Not open for further replies.