Business Ideas Do You Know Snail Farming and How Lucrative It is?

Jasz

VIP Contributor
Snails are almost a delicacy in some countries and they're great pets. They can move around and eat a lot of different things which means they don't cost a ton to feed, they're easy to keep in your backyard, and they don't make a whole lot of noise. But it's hard to find instructions on the Internet on how to start a snail farm because it's not a huge industry.

Snail farming is a very old practice with a very modern twist. A modest backyard snail farm can provide you with all of your protein, calcium and fat needs, without any supplements or additives.

If you have a steady source of fresh greens for your snails, you'll need to supply about a half-inch of fresh greens each day for each snail. Greens can include cabbage leaves, bell pepper slices, kale and so on.

You can start a snail farm by keeping and breeding vegetables in a snail-friendly environment. Who would ever know that you were farming using snails?

Selling live snails for food and pets has become a lucrative industry and those looking to move into the trade should learn extensive information beforehand. There are several profitable breeds of snail with large market demand.

I would really appreciate it if anyone could enlighten me more on how to go about snail farming so as to make a lot of profits.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 28127

What I know is snails are delicious meals to eat every day and they have good effects on the health of the body so mostly preparing some meals with snails is a good thing.

Kingsley

Valued Contributor
Your post reminds me of when I did the first test runinng of snail farming, the business is indeed very lucrative, at that time i remember when I went snail hunting during the wet season. I was able to gather over 200 pieces of snail and I housed them in a cupboard, I designed the ban myself, I added some sand to give them the support they need, I wet them in the morning and evening and I also feed them with the remains of the water melon and vegetables that are left overs in the market and they grew so well. I have somany eggs from the snail. So feeding them was very simple and they don't require much, so their cost of feeding and maintence is so cheap. All you need do is ensure you clean up their ban and check them to ensure they are very health.

The average price of a good size snail here is around 600-800 per one at the market around me. It could be more in other places. Then the one that has prepared already is more expensive depending more on the locations. The only challenge I see in the business is sometimes the mortality can be high.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
There is no doubt that snail farming is a very lucrative business especially when you have proper knowledge and understanding of how it works. I have a relation who is into snail farming and he definitely makes a whole lot of money from it. The amount of profit you can make from the business sometimes is dependent on your location. They usually go to The bush to find snails and from there then can sale them. One beautiful thing about it is that it is not expensive to start. I think the first thing if you look for is to sorce out people who are into the business because you can get first-hand information from them.

PICKFORD

Verified member
In this part of Africa to be precise West Africa, Nigeriawe have a lot of snail farm is coupled with other form of farming and animal rearing snow farming is a very lucrative business lucrative to the extent that it end or generate more money or profit done piggery according to the estimates. But still a lot of people do not fancy or like is now family because of dirty, an environmental polluting nature features there is no doubt that snail farming is an unclean or dirty polluting form of animal rearing but as a businessman or an entrepreneur who wish to establish snail farming as a source of income should be more concerned about the profit-making that is the profit it generates rather than the disadvantages it gives. When opening snail farming it is advisable to consider the locality in which you are about to establish it, animals like snail, piggery goat rearing requires isolated areas why?because of it offensive and offensive scent it generates, yes it has to stay far away from the area where people live so as not to cause some sort of disturbance, lack of concentration and also health disturbance. Research and study has it that snail is a very nutritious, source of meat as it provides or is a good source of protein, fat and oil etc and can be used to you illness such as low blood level, and eye sight!

LoukiaCharilaou

Valued Contributor
Snails are almost a delicacy in some countries and they're great pets. They can move around and eat a lot of different things which means they don't cost a ton to feed, they're easy to keep in your backyard, and they don't make a whole lot of noise. But it's hard to find instructions on the Internet on how to start a snail farm because it's not a huge industry.

Snail farming is a very old practice with a very modern twist. A modest backyard snail farm can provide you with all of your protein, calcium and fat needs, without any supplements or additives.

If you have a steady source of fresh greens for your snails, you'll need to supply about a half-inch of fresh greens each day for each snail. Greens can include cabbage leaves, bell pepper slices, kale

You can start a snail farm by keeping and breeding vegetables in a snail-friendly environment. Who would ever know that you were farming using snails?

Selling live snails for food and pets has become a lucrative industry and those looking to move into the trade should learn extensive information beforehand. There are several profitable breeds of snail with large market demand.

I would really appreciate it if anyone could enlighten me more on how to go about snail farming so as to make a lot of profits.
Hi.Hope you are doing well.Thank you very much for your informative article about snail farming. It is a really great business idea.I am sure many people here will find your post very helpful. They can start this kind of business and make a very good income from it. Hope that we will get more information about snail farming from members who are already in this business and have some experience and knowledge to share with us.