Do we need Cholesterol?

raaman

Valued Contributor
Cholesterol is essential for the body's various biological functions. It is essential for the production of hormones such as Estrogen, Progesterone, Testosterone, Cortisol, and Aldosterone. In addition, bile salts contain cholesterol which is actually used to digest fats for various essential functions in the body.

Cholesterol is essential for the production of Hormones, Vitamins A, D, E and K, for the absorption of fat-soluble vitamins, and for the formation and maintenance of cells. Moreover, it helps in maintaining the vital components of the cell membrane.

In the presence of sunlight, Cholesterol helps the body produce Vitamin D. Cholesterol circulates in the blood along with proteins. Good Cholesterol or HDL, works to protect the heart, whereas bad Cholesterol or LDL, increase the risk of heart disease.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
I don't really see the function of cholesterol in the body ,in fact people who are above 50 years of age are advised not to take food with higher cholesterol because it can affect the normal functioning of the body. In this case I will not even advise people to look on how they can get more cholesterol into the body because I believe it is not good for the body.

Good luck

Verified member
The body need a little amount of cholesterol.it aids some functions in the body.it also provide the body some vitamin that make it to function well.it is the excess of it that is not good for the system because it gives more fat which is not required for the body.low fat food is more advisable to be consume in the body.

Empress

Verified member
Cholesterol is good for the body but too much of it is not good cholesterol helps us to digest foods and also to make hormones but too much of cholesterol can cause clotting and also some certain brain issue we can just consume the cholesterol once in a while and not Everytime