Do these deposit to list events offer any advantages?

ananyabushra

I often notice 'deposit to list' events on various CEXs, particularly on those that are still growing.
In this event, the CEX requires that if a particular amount of deposits is made with a specific token within a certain period, they will list that token on their platform and often offer substantial rewards to the depositors. I'm curious to know what the benefit is for that CEX and what the benefit is for investors in this case?

I often notice 'deposit to list' events on various CEXs, particularly on those that are still growing.
In this event, the CEX requires that if a particular amount of deposits is made with a specific token within a certain period, they will list that token on their platform and often offer substantial rewards to the depositors. I'm curious to know what the benefit is for that CEX and what the benefit is for investors in this case?

For the exchange, it serves as a means of having sufficient liquidity for trading. increase volumes prevent volatile price swings this helps prevent low volumes and incessant volatile price swings.

For investors, it could simply mean earning from the reward attached to the event. This is mostly what they benefit. I know this because I just participated in a deposit to list event on Bitget for GRIMACE token with $8k worth of the token to be shared amongst participants. I do it on other exchanges too.

Last edited:
For the exchange, it serves as a means of having sufficient liquidity for trading. increase volumes prevent volatile price swings this helps prevent low volumes and incessant volatile price swings.

For investors, it could simply mean earning from the reward attached to the event. This is mostly what they benefit from. I know this because I just participated in a deposit-to-list event on Bitget for GRIMACE tokens with $8k worth of the token to be shared amongst participants. I do it on other exchanges too.
In addition to the crypto reward pool to be won for participating in the deposit-to-list event, it's also an opportunity to boost project exposure across the crypto space and on intending listing CEX.