Do I start the business?

D

Deleted member 27126

I'm happy to know that you love business, and the fact that you're not after the profit, but interested in creating employment for people which is very nice. But you didn't answer my other questions you only answered one which is you loving business, which is one of the factors that should be considered and thank God you love business. But in as much as your aim is not based on the profit alone, making profit is one of the essence of Business. No business owner wish not to make profit, and do you have the financial capability? Mentally you need to be ready, if you are mentally ready for it then you are good to go I wish you all the best.
As per the financial capability, I can say, yes, I am up to the task. I am not starting on a large scale but on a small scale so as to get myself used to the business first then later I will try as much as possible to expand it. Mentally and psychologically, I am also ready. I have done a couple of businesses in the past even when I was in school, so I have known a lot of things to expect either positive or negative sides when doing a business. I only need to gather some more experience here and after some months, I leave this place and start my own on a small scale.

D

Deleted member 27126

The pandemic has truly made things difficult regarding both offline and online. For the offline it led to the close of many businesses and there many people are just idling unemployed. The few workers still managing are not being respected by their employers because their employers know that the job market is full with many people demanding for their services and the least mistake a worker may make to challenge them may result in sacking. I hope the pandemic calmed soon and we see all these as history.
True talk and well stated points. In fact, there was a friend of mine who works at a nearby branch of Access Bank PLC, he was offered a slash of 40% in salary two months after the pandemic began, he accepted it having no choice, but after some three months later when things became tougher due to the heat of the pandemic on companies, lo and behold, he was dismissed has been looking for another job ever since then with no real one forthcoming. It's indeed a bad thing to totally depend on employment.

Godsplan

Thank you very much for your response. You are right in saying one should not depends solely on one source of income. In fact, the effect of the pandemic has made us to learn such in a hard way. A lot of shops closed, many companies closed, some down, someone, permanently due to not being allowed to operate. This is one of the reasons why I am taking the discount of having my own business to avoid having to depend on someone else. Thank you. I appreciate you for the time you have taken out to reply me on this.
The pandemic has truly made things difficult regarding both offline and online. For the offline it led to the close of many businesses and there many people are just idling unemployed. The few workers still managing are not being respected by their employers because their employers know that the job market is full with many people demanding for their services and the least mistake a worker may make to challenge them may result in sacking. I hope the pandemic calmed soon and we see all these as history.

Samuel72

Verified member
According to my own point of view I believe it is better for you to proceed because business remain the best. The only thing that can hinder you from starting your own business it is if you don't have enough capital to start up the business but once you have enough capital to start up a business, even if the job is good enough for you, I advise you start up a business at that point in time, so when you are retired you can be rest assured that you already have a good business for yourself

D

Deleted member 27126

You don't worry much about the help, we are here to help one another make life better. Anyways, l studied business in high school and l'm currently a tertiary student at home because of the pandemic. I dream of working at a work place and also managing my business like how you are trying to do now after school. Because now depending on only one source of income isn't the best considering the behaviors of employees nowadays.
Thank you very much for your response. You are right in saying one should not depends solely on one source of income. In fact, the effect of the pandemic has made us to learn such in a hard way. A lot of shops closed, many companies closed, some down, someone, permanently due to not being allowed to operate. This is one of the reasons why I am taking the discount of having my own business to avoid having to depend on someone else. Thank you. I appreciate you for the time you have taken out to reply me on this.

Godsplan

This is one of the best pieces of advice I have received on this issue ever since I raised it. I have also considered enduring this for a while and keep saving up for my own business while also gathering through needed knowledge and experience I need to be able to successfully run my own business. After all, business requires that a person learns it first. Thank you so much for your words of encouragement. You're indeed professional in the area of business with all what you have said so far. I would love to know you.
You don't worry much about the help, we are here to help one another make life better. Anyways, l studied business in high school and l'm currently a tertiary student at home because of the pandemic. I dream of working at a work place and also managing my business like how you are trying to do now after school. Because now depending on only one source of income isn't the best considering the behaviors of employees nowadays.

Working for yourself is everyone's dream because if its your business you will manage it yourself and things would be done your own way no body will give you an unfavourable working condition but the question to ask yourself now is, have you saved enough capital to start your own business?

D

Deleted member 27126

thanks for this word of encouragement. I am indeed charged and motivated reading this reply of yours. I will surely work on this immediately after I have gathered enough experience needed to be able to stand on my own as a business owner. I do not want a situation whereby I'll will start a business now and due to lack of fill knowledge or experience that I will now stop, I want to be knowledgeable to a reasonable level of extent before I can start the business. Once again, thanks for your input bro.
Yes you can move on with your life by surmounting your fears and start up your own little business with time it will certainly grow, and before you know it you will become an employer of Labour and other people will be able to earn a living working under you. And when that time comes try to treat them right.

D

Deleted member 27126

You can start your business once you have enough resources such as idea, capital to invest into the business of your choice.
Thank you very much for your Contribution about this thread. I actually understand all what you have said up there but the other area where I am having a problem is the fact that I will face some challenges in the business and I do not have much experience that is required to run a business of my own effectively. This is the only area where I think I'm deficient right now as far as going into the business on my own is concerned. What I think I can do is to keep working here while gathering the experience that I need to make up for my own business. Or what do you think about this sir?

Veetos12

I am currently facing some challenges at my current place of work with the employer giving me some bad working conditions which are not palatable. I am now thinking of quitting the job and getting my own business done. What do you think about this? Can I proceed or not?
You can start your business once you have enough resources such as idea, capital to invest into the business of your choice.

Kingsley

Valued Contributor
Yes you can move on with your life by surmounting your fears and start up your own little business with time it will certainly grow, and before you know it you will become an employer of Labour and other people will be able to earn a living working under you. And when that time comes try to treat them right.

Adetayo100

If the present working condition at the place of your work is unbearable then it is time to quit the job and start a business, no matter how small you want to start, just start with the little money you have saved up from working in your current place of work or borrow a loan to startup.

D

Deleted member 27126

Your plans are cool. Concerning the issue right now l think that is the best alternative you can adopt right now. And concerning the behavior of your employer at work, l suggest you just endure for the mean time and be focusing on your alternative plan for the business and your current job too and have in mind you will not continue to work for him forever.
This is one of the best pieces of advice I have received on this issue ever since I raised it. I have also considered enduring this for a while and keep saving up for my own business while also gathering through needed knowledge and experience I need to be able to successfully run my own business. After all, business requires that a person learns it first. Thank you so much for your words of encouragement. You're indeed professional in the area of business with all what you have said so far. I would love to know you.

Godsplan

Thank you very much. I will surely take to your words and do as you have said. I once thought about the disadvantages of taking such a step as well as it might lead to some issues that will financially affect me. Although my plan is to get a business of mine but I still want to take my time to learn and accumulate more and more money before I can think of establishing a business of my own.
Your plans are cool. Concerning the issue right now l think that is the best alternative you can adopt right now. And concerning the behavior of your employer at work, l suggest you just endure for the mean time and be focusing on your alternative plan for the business and your current job too and have in mind you will not continue to work for him forever.

Planet408

If the salary is good at your workplace, still be doing it gradually while you make plans to quit the job when you are ready to kickstart the business you wants to venture into. Also ensure that you've got the capital to start your business before you quit your current job. More so, learn the trade very well.

D

Deleted member 27126

I am currently facing some challenges at my current place of work with the employer giving me some bad working conditions which are not palatable. I am now thinking of quitting the job and getting my own business done. What do you think about this? Can I proceed or not?

Queentener

Your questions are very touching and to be honest with you. I love business not only because of the profits there but also because I have always loved to be independent. I have worked at several places and I know what it is to be under someone's authority especially if the person in question is autocratic. As per the profit aspect that you mentioned, my only aim for wanting to have my own business is not profit, I also want to create an avenue for people to be employed.
I'm happy to know that you love business, and the fact that you're not after the profit, but interested in creating employment for people which is very nice. But you didn't answer my other questions you only answered one which is you loving business, which is one of the factors that should be considered and thank God you love business. But in as much as your aim is not based on the profit alone, making profit is one of the essence of Business. No business owner wish not to make profit, and do you have the financial capability? Mentally you need to be ready, if you are mentally ready for it then you are good to go I wish you all the best.

D

Deleted member 27126

There are some factors that you need to consider. Do you love busines? Do you think you will do well in business? Can you cope with the stress of starting a business? Are you ready to be persistent, patience and keep pushing till the business grows? Do you have the financial capability to start a business? Do you have savings that will keep you going till when the business grows? You know as a start-up you can't start spending the profit at the early stage, you have to let the business grow before you can start digging into the profit. All the questions above, are things you have to consider before quitting your job. I wish you all the best.
Your questions are very touching and to be honest with you. I love business not only because of the profits there but also because I have always loved to be independent. I have worked at several places and I know what it is to be under someone's authority especially if the person in question is autocratic. As per the profit aspect that you mentioned, my only aim for wanting to have my own business is not profit, I also want to create an avenue for people to be employed.

Queentener

There are some factors that you need to consider. Do you love busines? Do you think you will do well in business? Can you cope with the stress of starting a business? Are you ready to be persistent, patience and keep pushing till the business grows? Do you have the financial capability to start a business? Do you have savings that will keep you going till when the business grows? You know as a start-up you can't start spending the profit at the early stage, you have to let the business grow before you can start digging into the profit. All the questions above, are things you have to consider before quitting your job. I wish you all the best.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
It is better to start your business while you are still employed so you can get a feel. You can hire a trusted manager for the business since you cannot leave your job. If the business earns good then you can leave your job otherwise you can close the business and continue working with patience and perseverance. That is life at work.