Different Types of Home Page Content: Which One is Your Best?

Mika

VIP Contributor
A website can have three different kinds of home page content.

Landing Page: The landing page is the overlaying page on your website. The landing page displays announcements, subscription notices, information about your business or product, etc. You will reach the main website only when you close the landing page, or perform the action (subscribing, for example)

Static Page: When a website has a Static Page home content, it will display the content that the website owner has decided to display. The content on the static page does not change unless the owner decides to change. Company websites normally have static page

Recent Post: Most of the blogs have this feature. They will display the recently displayed posts on the home page.

I like displaying Recent Posts on my home page.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
I use mixed type of content on my home page. Half of my homepage is filled with static content, and the remaining half is covered with recent posts. On my static page, I provide information on my website, my offer, etc, and on the second half, I display recently published articles and comments.

AfriPeeps Official

Well, it depends on what I want to use the landing page for, there was a time I wanted to sell some e books so I created a land page specially for that purpose but on another occasion when I was running a news blog, I used the main homepage of theme.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
I really learnt something new on this thread. I only know these types of home pages but I never know their usages until the poster took his time to explain better. But I am very sure that most people that are involved in affiliate marketing do make use of landing page.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
If your site is primarily a content site, you will have to display recent posts as well as tending or popular posts on you website. This will help to grab your visitors' attention. However, if your website is a service website, you will have to showcase your services on the home page.