Difference between saving and investment

Moni2402

Without a doubt, the first distance between the two concepts is the destination of the money. While in Savings you save to have it in the near or distant future, in Investment you save a part, in order to obtain an extra benefit higher than that of savings, either in the short, medium or long term.

Saving is one of the main factors to meet economic goals, whether thinking about future needs, such as having extra funds for a pension or more in the short term such as a trip.

While an investment in general terms, it is the use of resources in the productive or capital sector with the objective of achieving benefits or profits and its importance lies in achieving financial freedom.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Investment is quite different from saving. Investment in a layman's term, is a type of business in which you put certain amount of money on a particular venture in order to get some return within a stipulated amount of time. People Invest to increase their money, while saving there is no significant increase. Saving is good in the sense you see something to fall back on whenever your investment goes wrong.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
Saving and investment can be understandable even in it's own general meaning and terms.
When you save your money, it's not yielding any interest. Just like when you put your money in the bank. It's not bringing any dividend but when you invest, you are expecting a return of interest or gain.

Josemendez

Verified member
Saving is keeping a fraction of one's income for future use or to make profit from it. There is quite lesser risk of losing the money in the saving scheme .
Investment involves putting money into a business or work with the aim of making money with. It is a bit risk as one may fail in the investment and then lose the money he invested.
Between the two , I will go for investment. An idle money is not a good money

sincerem

VIP Contributor
The two is interrelated if you don't ho deep you can't differentiate one from the other. And again, investment without savings can't become fortuitous. Savings without investment can't bring such kind of reasonable amount of money in the future, unless you inherited wealth from your parents, then you can decide to choose one over the other.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Saving is all about putting aside money to aid future usage especially in times of emergency. Investment is making your money works for you. For me I always prefer investment since more money will be made. It is always good to make money though maybe save it for later use

Setho

VIP Contributor
There is actually a marked difference between savings and investments. When you are saving money you are actually keeping it to have the same value over a period of time but then if you want to invest money into something then you are actually risk in that money to eiyher grow or depreciate over a particular amount of time.

Suba

Staff member
Based on the function of the difference between saving and investment, saving activities by collecting money in banks or other financial institutions with the intention of reserve funds, meeting daily needs, easily drawn through ATMs. While investment is to buy investment instruments both mutual funds, bonds, shares, property, crypto etc. for the long run with the aim of getting a capital gain. The yield of investment is often used as passive income such as from property rental. The yield or interest from saving is very small but safe the risk of loss, while investment in return is greater yield and investment has a greater risk compared to saving.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I prefer investment than saving money in the bank account. Money saved in the bank account doesn't yield much profit but investing money guarantees much profit over time. I make due research before putting my hard earned money into any investment site or platform, so I don't lose my money to scammers.

Kennysplash

Verified member
According to my own knowledge saving is the money that you put outside every now and then for a particular course or for the future. Investment on the other hand refers to commodities that you have purchased which will be giving you returns annually. Out of the two investment is quite the best one because you gets to continue to make interest on your investments no matter how small. But for your savings if you're not careful you might even lose it to nflation. So that is the difference between saving and investment. Both are advantageous for virtually everyone though.