Did the Twitter ban in Nigeria affected your business?

Kingsley

Valued Contributor
It is no longer news that Twitter has been ban in Nigeria as a result of a post that was madeby the president of Nigeria. The Twitter made by the president was not in accordance with the laydown rules of Twitter as it was seen as something that could incite violence in the country. So Twitter in its knowledge assisted the Nigerian government in deleting the Twitter.

This lead to the ban placed on Twitter and this has greatly affected somany Twitter uses and mostly those that made of Twitter to conduct their businesses. According to a business report we were told that the Nigerian economy has lost over 10billion naira within the short space of time the ban was placed.

How has Twitter ban affected your business?

Augusta

VIP Contributor
10 billion what? Are they for real never knew Nigerians make such amount of money from this but I’m aware of Instagram, because I know that like a marketplace, so much commercial activities going on there. This is bad for Nigeria and the economy. Those involved should reconsider their stance

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Did not affect me in any way and I think it is because I do not have any business to do with Twitter except some of the update I have been getting from there. The Federal Government is not encouraging the people of this country and are making things very difficult for people here.

Maks25

What of the social media influencers. Those who make a living by helping promote or market companies or brands on twitter and are paid or make good money they use in helping their families. Some of these guys have nothing else doing other than affiliate marketing or twitter marketing.
Guess, the companies will be forced to terminate such contracts and plunge these guys back to the ocean of job-seeking . All because we have a president who is infallible and must be right no matter what.

funmi

Verified member
Though, am not a Twitter person but I do know that a lot of people use it and money their cool cash on twitter. When I also heard about the money that was lost by Nigerians, just within a week, I was so dumb founded. Nigeria government should do something about it quick in order to make people get back to work.