Dealing with difficult staff

marcusfe

If a staff is proving to be too difficult, I thing way solution is to relief such an employee of his/her job. Though some outstanding employees might be also appear to so difficult sometimes, it is the duty of the manager to call them into oder and give them warnings but if they refused to change, it is advisable to let them go. Nobody is inevitable, if any employee is proving too big to yield to correction, it is better to fire such an employee to make them to understand that they are not irreplaceable.

Setfragil

There is no business that you will not find staff that are difficult to manage and control. To avoid situations like that the business owner need to put strict rules and regulations to curb nthe menance that can be caused by the staff like stealing, indiscipline and arrogance. Any staff that a business owner is finding it difficult to manage should be sacked without fear or favour as it will affect the goals for which the business was being established.

Briangsam

Humans are the most difficult creatures to predict. They misbehave and give off bad behaviors for different reasons; especially as employees. Employees misbehave sometimes when they feel the pay is not right. They can also misbehave if there is too much familiarity between them and the employer or in extreme cases if the employer has an affair with any of them.

Teatea

As a business owner, if you treat your employees well they would surely return the favour by giving their best to the work and serving the customers right. But you can't keep treating them in a bad way, abusing them, pulling them down with your words and you expect them to take you seriously. Respect is reciprocal, you only get what you give.

Georgeadawara

They are many ways to deal with such kind of people in businesses. This type of people show them love and cear it that doesn't work then what to do is to give them query and punished them it they are still deficult just look for someone that can his position in the office the one that can run the aferce of the company and the sack him or her if not they can distract the business.

Training will go a long way in helping an employee who do not know how to handle his or her roles but if that is not the case may be the staff is not willing to work accordingly then a query should be given to such an employee and after this yet no changes then sacking such an employee won't be a bad idea

Samuel72

Verified member
According to my own point of view it is not possible for your stuff to stubborn at you. But in the aspect of dealing with difficult staff. All you have to do is to give your rules to him. Asking him to work according to the rules and regulation of the company if he chooses not to then you will have to change him or replacement him. every organisation has his own rules and regulation and any staff that is not ready to work according to the rules of the organisation should be replaced.

Lekhraj19

Verified member
Yeah, it happens when you are into a enterprises or company then you need to handle those situations with staffs or employees, but if you are the head of the business then you should work in double layering, I feel where the first layer person should scold a bit to them but when that people come to you, you shouldn't fire at them and make him understand politely.

Kingsley

Valued Contributor
When faced with a difficult staff it can be very challenging to maintain total internal control in the organization, the best you can do it set out clear rules and regulation to regulate the behaviours of staff, and assign more task to such staff to limit his or her time to show any sign of insubordination. And such staff should be under close surveillance.

springtech

Just as the saying goes, a chain is as strong as it's weakest link. Your employees can either make or mar you business.
I have always believed that a business will only be successful to the extent to which the staff permit.
Most employees steal, some are not committed they only do eye service, most of them are complacent, saying oga is just using us to make money, we make so much but he pays us so little.
They do this to the point that it begins to affect the way they relate with customers and of course it starts affecting the business.

How would you deal with such employees?
As you wouldn't want to keep hiring and firing.

Veetos12

Just as the saying goes, a chain is as strong as it's weakest link. Your employees can either make or mar you business.
I have always believed that a business will only be successful to the extent to which the staff permit.
Most employees steal, some are not committed they only do eye service, most of them are complacent, saying oga is just using us to make money, we make so much but he pays us so little.
They do this to the point that it begins to affect the way they relate with customers and of course it starts affecting the business.

How would you deal with such employees?
As you wouldn't want to keep hiring and firing.
I don't pray for such a staff in my business though. But in a situation where it happens, i would invite such an employee and make him or her understands why he or she needs to cooperate with the company's mission and vision and stop all the act of talking ill of the business.

Adetayo100

Dealing with a difficult staff can be very tricky, you as the boss or supervisor of such a staff need to apply common sense and thread with care when handling such a staff, you can start off by giving him an informal warning, if the mistakes repeat itself you can give him a formal warning then a query, from there i think such employee should adjust himself and correct his or her mistakes.

Briangsam

Dealing with a really difficult staff could be a very daunting task. The employees or staff in any business will determine the success or failure of the business. If a staff then prove to be difficult but efficient at his/her work, then a very calm and sensible approach must be employed to get such staff on the same wavelength with you.

Ebuka stephen

Well their are different ways to go about this, for instance you could give them an orientation or try to talk to them, if doesn't work , you do what's best for your business, let go of them

When you have difficult staffs in your business or organization or even in your company, is a very big problem for you and your business, course your staffs are those entity that actually makes your business to run or to progress successfully. When you don't treat your staffs well and a conducive environment for your workers.

springtech

Dealing with difficult staffs is a very big task and at the same time very easy if a right approach is use. In actual fact no human being is really difficult in quote without any reason and most of the time it is because of the past experience and in the process of prevent such occurrence again such individual will be defensive and will be tagged difficult.
You have a good point but it is necessary that we give each other a chance to prove ourselves. We all have past experiences, both good or bad. It is wrong for me as an employee to come with my defensive tools thinking my new employer is the same as the old, hence i start serving him hot hot.
Is it not better i wait, get to see how he shows himself, as worthy of my effort or otherwise before I start showing myself too.

Nii41

Having encountered different people with different characters from different ethnic backgrounds, you would agree with me that it is not easy to work with different people, because someone's character or personality may not just align with yours and you will tend to disagree on certain things with that person, which may affect your relationship with that person. Dealing with difficult staff is not easy because at times they may not even want to follow Instructions or do the right thing to make the work progress I will say as a fellow staff just avoid the person and as a manager, let the person understand that if they don't do what is right, there are other people out there interested in the job.

Segat

Dealing with difficult staffs is a very big task and at the same time very easy if a right approach is use. In actual fact no human being is really difficult in quote without any reason and most of the time it is because of the past experience and in the process of prevent such occurrence again such individual will be defensive and will be tagged difficult.