Dealer of gravel and sand

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
This business is appropriate for those are are residing in the main road or nearby areas with an empty lot. What you need is a land of at least 500 square meters for storage of gravel and sand, a driver and a hauling truck. The gravel and sand can be bought in the rural areas with a river or near the coastline. The products are cheap to buy from the source but can be sold at a price 5 times the capital.

One friend who has that business said that the hauling from the source is done after midnight hours so there is no traffic. The customers call for order and the delivery is immediate which earns them the trust of the customers. After 2 years of operation the business was able to buy a new truck and also had expanded the storage area by purchasing the adjacent lot of 200 square meters.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
Wow its really a good business to start , but the most important things you need to consider is the security availability , if there are more security and also you have the funds i think someone could look toward start this kind of business and start earning profit on the long run too, because in business planing is needed

Setho

VIP Contributor
One widely known fact at least in my country is the fact that the population is rapidly increasing. And as this population is increasing there will be an ever growing demand for housing and real estate properties which I think that if you should go into this particular line of business you are definitely going to be up for some gains.

Mika

VIP Contributor
I think this can be a good business if you have a lot of political connections. getting a license to mine gravel and sand is not easy. You will have to bid on tender and the highest bidder will get the contract. If you have someone in the government agency, only then you will get the liscence.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
This can be a very profitable business if you are closer to a place where there is a lot of construction going on. You are going to be there regular supplier and you we need more money doing this all the time. This business is good where there is a proposal for industrial estate. A lot of construction usually go on in this area.

Jonaville

This is a nice business idea but what I noticed is that it requires a high start-up capital. After all, one will need money for a truck, a piece of land, necessary license and other things. But if these are taken care of, I'm sure the business will yield good returns.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
I do not know anything about this kind of business. However if you are in construction business, either a contractor, or a supplier of construction material, sand and gravel might be good product to make money. However, I guess you might also have to follow the local rules for extracting gravel and sand from the rivers.