CRYPTOCURRENCY FRAUD

D

Deleted member 27583

Here, it happens most on telegram....
The fraudsters will open multiple accounts then claim to have Crypto exchanges on the Group.
They call themselves ESCROWS, this is how they scam.

They make you believe there’s an escrow and you can trust them
Here’s how the scam works;

• They’ll give you incredibly high rates for your crypto.
  • Then after you accept the rate, they’ll make an edit that will make it look like they’ve sent money to the escrow as the agreement will be that they’ll send cash to the escrow who’s the middle man
Then after that you send your coins to them then the escrow will send the money to you.

HERE’S ONE THING TO NOTE, THERE’S NO ESCROW.

THEY ARE ALL WORKING TOGETHER IN THE FRAUD SCHEME. Please never be a victim ....

DO NOT TRUST THEM
ITS ALL SCAM
Stay safe!! Thanks

Ahmedo24

Verified member
You are right, this act is also happening in WhatsApp group, some group of people gang up to form Exchange platforms, then run the exchange activities within themselves sharing payment and transaction images just to encourage people and the moment they have enough traffics and people doing big transactions they run away with people's money. It very unfortunate that people find it as a good option to scam people instead of working hard to earn their legit money. Telegram is worst. Let all be very careful of the kind of persons we are dealing with.

greatguy1

There's an app I got wind of some time ago. What it does is once you contact the scammers that want to buy or sell Bitcoin, they go to the app and type the exact amount of Bitcoin you need and interface it to the blockchain website thereby claiming they have sent the equivalent of what you've paid for. If you check on you bitcoin wallet you are appear to see what you have paid for but if you try to execute a transaction it will fail because what appears there is just a virtual cash. This is one of the method that they are currently using so you have to be careful when you want to exchange your Bitcoin. Buy from reputable exchanges

D

Deleted member 28873

Cryptocurrency scams are now a popular way for scammers
to trick people into sending money. And they pop up in
many ways . Most crypto scams can appear as emails trying
to blackmail someone, online chain referral schemes , or
bogus investment and business opportunities . But here’s
what they all have in common – and what they have in
common with yesterday’s Twitter hacks: A scammer wants
you to send money, or make a payment, with Bitcoin or
another type of cryptocurrency. Once you do, your money is
gone, and there’s generally no way to get it back.
So if you see a tweet (or a text, email, or other message on
social media) that tells you to pay with Bitcoin, you know
that’s a scam. Other signs that something’s a scam? They
might guarantee that you’ll make money (those guarantees
are false); promise that you’ll double your money quickly
(again, that’s always a fake promise); or say you’ll get free
money in dollars or cryptocurrency (free money? Nope, not
ever).

Donkiz

The rate at which these scam groups sprouts up on telegram is very alarming, you will wake up in the morning only to found out that you have been added to a crypto exchange telegram group, if you exit from the group, the next day another group will add you, and you keep wondering if you told anyone that you have any cryptocurrency to exchange.

I wonder how people fall victim of such scams, a random person added you to a group, you opened the page and saw where someone was claiming to be exchanging cryptocurrency for cash with his cohorts and the next thing you decide to send yours too. What happened to using platforms like luno and others to do the exchange? I think it has to do with greed, because those scammers usually promise very high exchange rates.

Ralphjoe

On seeing this information, I was taken aback two Sundays ago when I saw some group on telegram where they were discussing about this escrow exchange of cryptocurrency, all that you said here was how it all happened. I was so amazed by it thinking that there can be something genuine on telegram. At some point I believed the scam that they were presenting as a genuine exchange interface but thank god that I didn't have cryptocurrency to exchange maybe I would have fallen a victim of their scam by now.

Josemendez

Verified member
It is a sad thing that cryptocurrency fraud is getting rampant with days , especially in telegram. New investors in cryptocurrency and those who are very greedy falls to these scams . It is unfortunate that cryptocurrency is getting negative reviews these days due to these scammers.

Another smart strategy in use by these scammers is to create a fake account with a token CEO name . They will now pose as the real CEO of the token ,and with that they scam people who will think that they are actually chatting with the real person.