Business Ideas Creating a business from used products.

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
As a business minded person, I think one could create a business opportunity from selling of fairly used products, some people do call it second hand items. Considering the type of location I happen to find myself gave me this idea, I live in one of the third world countries. If you are an entrepreneur with some amount of capital, I think this could be an investment opportunity from you. In a country where I reside, the rate of poverty is high if not extremely, one can use this as an advantage because not everyone will have enough money to afford new stuffs, and that is where you will come in, you will just find out how you can import used things from probably abroad and sell it here in your country to earn a living, trust me, it is very lucrative, just make sure you deal with things that has high demands.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
There are a lot of platforms where you can sell used products. You can create a huge business by selling your own used products. But once your business starts building up, you might have to acquire products from thrift shops. If you want to try selling used products, ebay and facebook marketplces are two best platforms. If you have vintage item, something that is at least 20 years old you can sell on etsy and make a lot of money. By the way you can also directly sell form your website. I sell products from my website and generate sales once in a while.

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
You are actually right though jasmine, as a matter of fact, I never thought of that but to be honest, it is definitely going to be a great boost for the business. Most people that are into the business of selling used products does not even know about this idea of taking to online to the ones that could actually help support the sales of what you do. It might cost some expense though but I would not mind going to such extent to earn much more money to my bank account as long as I am not hurting anyone

Mika

VIP Contributor
It does not matter what you are selling, what actually matters is what kind of selling strategies you are using. If you have good selling strategy and if you have a good marketing plan, you can sell anything. It does not matter if you are trying to sell new item or old item, you can generate sales if you are marketing your product well.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
I live in a country where they trade in scrap items and sell them in a great amount. they probably recycle it or use the material to create something else. However, they usually buy material at a low price from people and sell those scrap items at a much higher price. Usually such buyers of scrap items roam in the streets and carry a cart with them. I also live in a country where poverty ratio is quite high. Unfortunately, many Tier 3 countries do not have a proper system to use scrap items in a much proper way.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Apart from the fact that you sell it offline you can also sell it online to make some money using some shopping site like , konga, it is possible for you to buy it at a cheaper rate and sell it at a higher rate and that is what most people are doing nowadays, most especially electronic devices such as mobile phones and other gadgets... if You're going for phones and laptop it might really be expensive for you to buy good quality products to sell it for a reasonable profit ,that is why most people go for cheap products.

Setho

VIP Contributor
There are a lot of people who see opportunities in selling of used products because not everybody has the financial ability to be able to purchase new ones. The most important thing is that you should be selling things that are of high demand.