Converting a vacant lot to earn as events place

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
Before the pandemic came to town a nephew invited us to a not so simple gathering that was held near their house. They rented an events place for the occasion to accommodate the more than 50 guests. Half of the vacant lot is cemented where tents were installed for protection if it rains. There is a small structure that is the rest room for male and female plus another structure for a makeshift kitchen.

Overall the capital for that events place is very small. The only big investment there is the big lot of at least 1,000 square meters to accommodate 100 people. That is a nice kind of business if you have a land that you are not using. Convert it to an events place. For a bigger land you can have a garden or a small fish pond for curiosity. The rent of the place is 100 pesos per head ($2 dollars).

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
Renting out space for accassion or ceremony is a great way for business. I think you have to be able to market or advertise your space to people around you....I mean people in your street or environ, so they can be aware of the rent.

But the downside is, are people still free to gather this time....Even in some countries that the pandemic has died down people are still scared to death to gather. So I don't know if that kind of business will go smoothly as at now. But in the near future, well who knows!

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
This is another nice business idea , i think the only thing is that most times the demand on renting the place could be low , if the place you are renting is not really popular or on a roadside because people rent land that is on a open space , its profitable but most times you need to consider the location of the lsnd before making such type of decision

Setho

VIP Contributor
I think there are many types of events lots and it depends on the type of environment that you want to make it. There are some places that are better suited for events like parties and ones that generate noise while there are some people that prefer a more serene place that is either soundproofed or is outside

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I think there are many types of events lots and it depends on the type of environment that you want to make it. There are some places that are better suited for events like parties and ones that generate noise while there are some people that prefer a more serene place that is either soundproofed or is outside
You are correct with the location. The vacant lot for events is popular in the outskirts of the city. But in the rural area the events place is a big space with a garden and some other attraction like a fountain or even swimming pool. But for a small business the vacant lot is a potential money maker if it is located in the suburbs.

Mika

VIP Contributor
This is a very common practice in my part of the world. If you have land in a commercial place, you can rent it out for hosting events. If you manage to rent for a couple of events you can earn a fair mount that you can use it to build your own business of event management.

funmi

Verified member
Before the pandemic came to town a nephew invited us to a not so simple gathering that was held near their house. They rented an events place for the occasion to accommodate the more than 50 guests. Half of the vacant lot is cemented where tents were installed for protection if it rains. There is a small structure that is the rest room for male and female plus another structure for a makeshift kitchen.

Overall the capital for that events place is very small. The only big investment there is the big lot of at least 1,000 square meters to accommodate 100 people. That is a nice kind of business if you have a land that you are not using. Convert it to an events place. For a bigger land you can have a garden or a small fish pond for curiosity. The rent of the place is 100 pesos per head ($2 dollars).
In a place where there is vacant space some one can really use it for events venues. But the only challenge there is that, in my area and country, people will not want to pay for such a vacant space. They would rather go to the land owner and plead to be given the space for the event without paying a dime.
So, some people prefer to go to the go to rent a hall or event centers to book for any kind of party you wants to hold.

Good luck

Verified member
A lot of people have made a lot of money using their vacant land or space renting for various occasions.it is a very good and lucrative business one can venture into.Most people can't afford to rent a comfortable hall for events so they will always find a vacant place to use for their events or even business.It is a profitable business to do

kayode10

VIP Contributor
If you know that the place leads to a traffic source. You can convert the vacant place to a shop or an outlet where you can sell goods to the people in the traffic. All you need is a little business experience and ability to spot what people will be needed at that area.