Coin collection is a good investment

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I started collecting coins when I was in grade school. The first coin I bought was a SEN dated 1870. Until now I have it but I have not done a research what country it came from. Anyway, some of the local coins that I have are the 1 peso coin circa 1900. They are now valued at 500 pesos ($10) per piece.

Most of my coins are local coins but I also have a lot of foreign coins which I collect only for fun. For the money the local coins are old enough to have real value. Even the 5 centavo coins circa 1945 are now being bought for 200 pesos ($4). The estimated value of all the coins in my collection can reach $10,000 or 500,000 pesos. As what the title says collecting coin is a good investment.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Lately I have been reading posts on this coin collection. Can you please enlighten more on what is it about? The first post I read, I nearly corrected the person because I thought he was talking about crypto coins. But your analysis has really showed that it is not all about crypto coins but something else. I will be glad if you expose me to it and how the coins can be gotten for collection.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
I think he's making account of his collection of coins in past.....Not crypto or any investment reigning now.

You should know the person that posted is aged.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Coin collection or numismatics as it is properly called is also an investment, even if you started as a hobby. If you are able to grab a rare coin, you can become rich just by selling one coin. It is not very difficult to find buyers for your coins as there are a lot of sites where you can sell your coins. You can even sell on ebay.

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
The threat poster must have being born in the 18th century. The analysis looks archaic and the numbers stated in the context are ancient. Where can we get the coins you mentioned , I am willing to have some in my portfolio . Is the coin meant to be kept in the museum? How does it work?

sincerem

VIP Contributor
By collecting coins you've made lots of money through it. That's very much fantastic no doubt. Gradually you've built your portfolio high, now you own more than 500,000 pesos in your local currency valued at $10,000. That amount of money is whopping here in my country, also in your country. Such kind of coins existed when i wasn't born in my country, when we used to trade with them.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
In the years that passed when collecting has been continuous then it is better than saving money in the bank. My coins are now valued high but I am not thinking of selling any of the coins. I am just happy with the thought that I have a collection of coins that someday would fetch me a good value for selling.

Setho

VIP Contributor
This is actually very similar to one of my friend to that had the explosion early on and was able to collect a lot of coins that cost about $1000 in today's economy. I always like to take this as a very good business of the past because right now it is not that profitable again.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
I don't really know much about this business venture because some of those coins are no longer in use. I have some few coins which is our countries currency but i don't know if it is of any importance in the sense that i want to save it for the future if not for anything but at least to show it to my unborn children.