Choosing a sports career or an academic career

Mika

VIP Contributor
I was never in that situation to choose between a sports career and an academic career. I used to play football and basket ball but I was not very good at sports, therefore, I continued with my higher education and did not venture into sports in order to build my career.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
There is not much a person can achieve in my country when it comes to pursuing a career in sports. This is due to the fact that favoritism is quite common in my country and talented sportsmen rarely get a chance to make it to the team. Cricket is a popular sports in my country and it is very difficult to get selected in the national team.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
The bones can be weak even for young people just because do not practice sports even if you are in another field totally different from sports causes illness and weak of bones however sports are essential even you are following an academic career to maintain daily strong health so it is not related that you grow up in age and then this is just a false idea.
What you said is very much ideal, it doesn't matter about the age, what really matters is the ability to train the body through fitness exercises. Anyone who isn't engaging in sporting activities after much office work or other sort of gigs, will feel dizzy and that makes the body weak at some stage in our life, not not necessarily during old age.

Setho

VIP Contributor
To a very large extent a lot of things will depend on the skills and the determination in which you have. Not everyone has the necessary physic and the skills to Excel in sports so they might consider academics. My own advice is that you should try to take the two of them along no matter how little.

D

Deleted member 28127

Yeah, that should be done during our youthful age, and not when the bones are weak. The later stages of our life should be surrounded with environment because we laboured for it during youthful age or when the body is very much strong to walk past any trials of life during our career run in.
The bones can be weak even for young people just because do not practice sports even if you are in another field totally different from sports causes illness and weak of bones however sports are essential even you are following an academic career to maintain daily strong health so it is not related that you grow up in age and then this is just a false idea.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Choosing any career , is very important question we must choose the career to which we are passionate with.. our interest can make a job and a person successful
Yeah, that should be done during our youthful age, and not when the bones are weak. The later stages of our life should be surrounded with environment because we laboured for it during youthful age or when the body is very much strong to walk past any trials of life during our career run in.

Noor ahmed

I'm a sports lover, i love soccer than my academics. But due to the condition of my country not promoting sports, as means of employment to youths and generating income made me not to focus solely on my soccer dream to be diverse in nature. I've been playing soccer since i was six, and till date. I'm also a college student, trying to build a career from there when the other fails.
Choosing any career , is very important question we must choose the career to which we are passionate with.. our interest can make a job and a person successful

Good luck

Verified member
It is good to have a career in sports but that shouldn't stop one from having formal education.Academics career does not stop one from acquiring any form of skills.It makes one to be physically fit in terms of health wise.We have a lot of sports people that are making waves in their career and they have a very good and sound education. thanks

D

Deleted member 28127

A sports career is an academic career because with your diploma you can work in many places like a teacher of sports at colleague or university. I have heard that they learn physics but the best thing is that you practice a lot of sports and this is a promising field to have a good feature.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
For an incoming college student there was the dilemma on choosing a sports career versus an academic career. Many would say you can do both and there are many college students who became popular players in the collegiate league. However, not all of them graduated and some even took more years to earn the diploma. My father said that a sports career is a short one but very fruitful if you become popular otherwise you will just a player with nothing on your name.

If I were to choose a career maybe I would focus on the academic side because not all athletes can be great and can be popular. What I mean is that you have to evaluate your strength and skills in the sport before you make a final decision. I am against studying and playing at the same time. Being focused on one career is the best approach so you can have specialization. An athlete can reinvent himself when he retires from the sport. That’s around 35 or 40 years old, too early to be doing nothing.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
It depends on where you are located. In many countries, sports is not still a career, you cannot make a living by becoming sportsperson. Furthermore, people in only certain sports can make money. You may not be able to make a lot of money as a soccer player or cricket player in the US.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
You are a genius for you to combine all these together. While schooling, I couldn't combine sport with academics. Not that it is impossible but because I am easily carried away with what I love. I don't love two things at a time. But I will advice you to master one among all those things instead of channeling same energy to them all.
I'm always through with my academics. I was very passionate to soccer during my early days in the university, but due to how the country is, it doesn't promote soccer, nor encourage talents. If one focuses on it, without formal education it may be hard to succeed. Unless you have the finance to bundle yourself out of the country and achieve your dream. That will be my aim, but let me finish my education this year.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
You talked vividly my dear. Irrespective of me being a soccer lover, education is of utmost priority to everyone. Even in the modern football game, footballers go to school and still have time for the game. Football teams have their academies and they teach people educational things, and also sports future. I combine my school, soccer career, business together.
You are a genius for you to combine all these together. While schooling, I couldn't combine sport with academics. Not that it is impossible but because I am easily carried away with what I love. I don't love two things at a time. But I will advice you to master one among all those things instead of channeling same energy to them all.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I love soccer but I am not good at it. But assuming I have the privilege of choosing between soccer and academic. I will still choose academic. Talent is always different from academic. If someone is talented in soccer, he will still find means of playing it while in school. It will be a shame for a great footballer not to express himself in simple English or whatever language due to illiteracy.
You talked vividly my dear. Irrespective of me being a soccer lover, education is of utmost priority to everyone. Even in the modern football game, footballers go to school and still have time for the game. Football teams have their academies and they teach people educational things, and also sports future. I combine my school, soccer career, business together.

Samuel72

Verified member
between a sports career and academic career I will prefer going for academic career this is because after your academic career you go you can go for any type of job, you can still go for that same football but if you go for football career there is no possibility for you to use football career to go for other type of job

btaliat

VIP Contributor
I love soccer but I am not good at it. But assuming I have the privilege of choosing between soccer and academic. I will still choose academic. Talent is always different from academic. If someone is talented in soccer, he will still find means of playing it while in school. It will be a shame for a great footballer not to express himself in simple English or whatever language due to illiteracy.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I'm a sports lover, i love soccer than my academics. But due to the condition of my country not promoting sports, as means of employment to youths and generating income made me not to focus solely on my soccer dream to be diverse in nature. I've been playing soccer since i was six, and till date. I'm also a college student, trying to build a career from there when the other fails.