Crypto Centralized coins vs decentralized coins

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
The RBI didn't get to succeed in banning crypto and creating their own CBDC, the judiciaries never allowed such.
RBI itself cannot ban, but Parliament can; however nobody knows what the blockchain is and how it works. Indian government still have plans to bring its own Digital currency, but it is looking at all opportunities; it may ban other cryptos, or may allow them as asset and levy tax, or may leave them for long.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Centralized currencies are those that are based on the actual value of fiat currencies. Some example of centralized cryptocurrencies include Tether (USDT), Binance Dollar (BUSD), and US Dollar Coin (USDC). I am not sure if it is wise to store your large sum of investments into these crypto assets or not because unlike decentralized coins, they might be under a lot of influence of government. So, is it wise to store money into these digital assets even though they are not volatile?
If you want your coins to remain safe for you and not never want volatility to halt it down for you then you should go for centralized coins like the USDT (Tether) Chinese Digital Yuan (CBDC), BUSD etc. This kind of coins are stable coins created in more centralized way, in which the creators monitors the progress of every transactions that passes through each of them.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Centralized currencies are those that are based on the actual value of fiat currencies. Some example of centralized cryptocurrencies include Tether (USDT), Binance Dollar (BUSD), and US Dollar Coin (USDC). I am not sure if it is wise to store your large sum of investments into these crypto assets or not because unlike decentralized coins, they might be under a lot of influence of government. So, is it wise to store money into these digital assets even though they are not volatile?

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Yes.... That's why I hold the opinion that their movements of establishing this new centralized digital currency will eventually prepare a soft landing for the successfulness of Bitcoin in most countries. I do not see their initiation of this digital currency to supersede Bitcoin or outshine it. It's just one of the challenges to face Bitcoin but it will surely survive through it.
It will stand on its own accomplish the purpose why it is created. I don't see it too superseding the achievements of Bitcoin in the future, BTC will always be the number one coin in the world. I don't even fancy this digital Yuan being adopted much beyond the Chinese region cos the rest of the world aren't looking for a centralized coin to secure their asset from volatility, rather a coin that will bring future financial success.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
Lol, the politicians here in our country should go get the centralized currencies in the digital ecosystem, cos we aren't going for it. We are simply heading to the decentralized currencies that is volatile which we are sure of making money with in the long run and not the ones we aren't even sure to make cents with in the next five years.
Yes.... That's why I hold the opinion that their movements of establishing this new centralized digital currency will eventually prepare a soft landing for the successfulness of Bitcoin in most countries. I do not see their initiation of this digital currency to supersede Bitcoin or outshine it. It's just one of the challenges to face Bitcoin but it will surely survive through it.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Their efforts would mostly be wasted. Perhaps, it's only some rookies in the ecosystem that would go for the centralized coin and I view that to be a loss. Whatever the government has an hand in or generally control, doesn't really favour the masses, this is how it will be in Nigeria. The centralized digital currency will be for the politicians lol.
Lol, the politicians here in our country should go get the centralized currencies in the digital ecosystem, cos we aren't going for it. We are simply heading to the decentralized currencies that is volatile which we are sure of making money with in the long run and not the ones we aren't even sure to make cents with in the next five years.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
The digital currency is not a relative of the crypto currency. The digital currency is another form of the physical fiat currency that you can use in the internet. The crypto coin is not a currency but a commodity to be used in trading. There is the big difference so you cannot compare an apple with an orange.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
I don't see myself investing around centralized coins it isn't given me the kind security I want and return of investment (ROI) which I desire to earn around Cryptocurrency. No trader or investor that will go for centralized currencies that isn't even volatile in nature just representing Fiat currency in the digital way. I prefer holding my Cryptocurrencies for long until profit comes in.
Their efforts would mostly be wasted. Perhaps, it's only some rookies in the ecosystem that would go for the centralized coin and I view that to be a loss. Whatever the government has an hand in or generally control, doesn't really favour the masses, this is how it will be in Nigeria. The centralized digital currency will be for the politicians lol

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Definitely, professional crypto enthusias or wise crypto traders won't even look those decentralized digital currencies twice.....As they know the market or the ecosystem will be purely manipulated and rigged, which won't even favour any regular trader except themselves. What they are doing is going to further boost Bitcoin's career lol
I don't see myself investing around centralized coins it isn't given me the kind security I want and return of investment (ROI) which I desire to earn around Cryptocurrency. No trader or investor that will go for centralized currencies that isn't even volatile in nature just representing Fiat currency in the digital way. I prefer holding my Cryptocurrencies for long until profit comes in.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
That's just it. They have grown frustrated with Cryptocurrency that's why they're simply developing their own coin in a centralized way and not like encrypted coin. China is the first country to have developed their own CBDC, others will be emulating that if they can. But such coin won't attract worldwide acceptance cos their is no chance for profit there.
Definitely, professional crypto enthusias or wise crypto traders won't even look those decentralized digital currencies twice.....As they know the market or the ecosystem will be purely manipulated and rigged, which won't even favour any regular trader except themselves. What they are doing is going to further boost Bitcoin's career lol

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I can understand the points made by the OP. I think some countries may want to ban decentralized coins because they want to promote their own coins in order to make their own coin more profitable. It is very important to note that many countries and corporations have amde their own versions of crypto coins and they would do anything to promote it on international levels.
That's just it. They have grown frustrated with Cryptocurrency that's why they're simply developing their own coin in a centralized way and not like encrypted coin. China is the first country to have developed their own CBDC, others will be emulating that if they can. But such coin won't attract worldwide acceptance cos their is no chance for profit there.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
I can understand the points made by the OP. I think some countries may want to ban decentralized coins because they want to promote their own coins in order to make their own coin more profitable. It is very important to note that many countries and corporations have amde their own versions of crypto coins and they would do anything to promote it on international levels.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
RBI itself cannot ban, but Parliament can; however nobody knows what the blockchain is and how it works. Indian government still have plans to bring its own Digital currency, but it is looking at all opportunities; it may ban other cryptos, or may allow them as asset and levy tax, or may leave them for long.
Okay, its good I'm hearing this directly from as an Indian. I hope the saga of Indian Cryptocurrency drama settles down either by embracing it wholeheartedly or creating their own CBDC like China did. If they'll also keep crypto and form their own digital currency it will prove more sense, that's where it will be worthwhile. The people will have double option to convert crypto to CBDC and also CBDC to crypto.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
With the way things are going around the digital ecosystem, some countries have raised awareness, expressing dissatisfaction around Cryptocurrency especially the private coins which is untraceable, and other decentralized coins . They believe it is mainly used for money laundering, since they can't keep hold of it, and control the transactions going through their anonymous Blockchain networks, they felt disillusioned around them.

That has prompted some countries like China, Nigeria, India, Russia, South Korea etc, to be worrying about the long term benefits of the decentralized coins since they can't regulate, and control what's going through their respective Blockchain network.

China have taken that bold step, and surprisingly banning Crypto in their country cos of its anonymous nature, building their own coin in a centralized way which is given after Yuan, in a digitalized form ( CBDC). Nigeria, India, Russia etc, are simply planning on building their own centralized coin, grabbing inspiration from the bold step the Chinese took.

Do you see the centralized digital currencies usurping the decentralized digital currencies as the popular choice for transactions in the future??

sincerem

VIP Contributor
India did not take any idea from China, bringing own National crypto and banning private cryptos was an advice by RBI, however the ide was under consideration before China took this step. In fact China copied that idea from India. The Indian business tycoons were going to launch their own cryptos, but dropped the Idea due to govt's mood.
Okay, I understand that India have brought such notion long ago together with the Chinese. I've heard news of Chinese feeling disillusioned around Cryptocurrency earlier in the year same with India. That's why i thought China first felt bemused around Cryptocurrency. But since they've taken the decision to cancel out Cryptocurrency and launch their own coin CBDC I'll say their step have counted reality first.

The RBI didn't get to succeed in banning crypto and creating their own CBDC, the judiciaries never allowed such.

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
India did not take any idea from China, bringing own National crypto and banning private cryptos was an advice by RBI, however the ide was under consideration before China took this step. In fact China copied that idea from India. The Indian business tycoons were going to launch their own cryptos, but dropped the Idea due to govt's mood.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
I do not know much about privacy coins but I believe decentralization is one of the important pillars of crypto currency. If you compromise with this concept, you are not actually creating a crypto currency. One of the main reasons for creating a cryptocurrency was related to the anonymity of transactions. If yo want to use crypot currency, you need to accept this fact.
Anonymity is one of the doctrines of Bitcoin, without anonymity Bitcoin is almost nothing. I don't see how you will succeed as a crypto enthusiase without accepting decentralization in cryptocurrencies. I think we need to know how cryptocurrencies work before engaging into it. And we have to know that Centralization contradict or conflict the existence of Bitcoin.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Now , the question is this , will weak currency of low tier countries be improved by the adoption of the digital version of the country's Fiat Currency? , I guess No .
They will only improve the rate of payment .
It will be better for the government to find a balance between the two digital currency as they both need each other for full functioning .
That's just it, the centralized currencies won't help dying Fiat currencies of the countries who is opposing Cryptocurrency to add value, No. Rather it will only increase payment online just as you suggested. I don't see any reason why they'll feel disillusioned around the decentralized coins whose transactions are simply anonymous with better chances of profit than the so-called centralized digital currencies.

A K Rao

In the countries like China. Russia, India, Nigeria, and South Korea they don't believe in the decentralized coins as they are difficult to trace them and they can not be included in the main stream. Instead they have their own fiat currency and they are very conveniently using this money digitally and the transactions are being done successfully. Thus, in these countries the centralized coins which are their respective fiat coins are going digital very nicely and performing their function in the market.

Mika

VIP Contributor
I do not know much about privacy coins but I believe decentralization is one of the important pillars of crypto currency. If you compromise with this concept, you are not actually creating a crypto currency. One of the main reasons for creating a cryptocurrency was related to the anonymity of transactions. If yo want to use crypot currency, you need to accept this fact.