Causes of hiccups

Empress

Verified member
Actually it is not completely clear what can cause hiccups it may be due to having too much stuff in your stomach such as food air, or bacon and it can also be sudden changes in temperature and it can also be a sign that something like a mass or inflammation is irritating your diaphragm or the nerves that control and extend to your diaphragm.certain medications or serious medical conditions such as diabetes money failure and en encephalitis can lead to hiccups and we can cure hiccups by gargling with ice water or sipping cold water if you do gargle make sure that you don't have so much ice in your mouth that you start spreading it around the room like a geyser.
What other ways do you think we can cure hiccups?

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Personally I don't really know what causes a hiccup about from what I have just read from your writing. Before I can give accurate answer of what might be the problem I have to also do my own personal research to arrive at a certain conclusion that other factors can be responsible for hiccupsp as you have also written.

AfriPeeps Official

I don't think there is a definite method of curing hiccups, more reason many people don't believe there is a cure for hiccups. However there is a method I usually use and I think it often work. The method has to do with me holding my breath for some seconds especially when the hiccup is about to come out.

Kola

Verified member
Hiccups is caused as a result of air filled in the stomach after eating.thats why it's good to drink water before eating.for instance when you eat always make sure there is water beside you so that as you eat you drink water.but if it happens the hiccups continue take at least a bottle of water and give it 2 mins
It will stop

Drrooll

I also don't know what causes hiccups but I do cure it by drinking enough water and then the hiccups stop after a while

Aceenmi

I do think not drinking enough water causes hiccups because anytime I drink water when I have hiccups the hiccups then stopped

Rumaisa Adeel

Hiccups are caused by involuntary contractions of your diaphragm — the muscle that separates your chest from your abdomen and plays an important role in breathing. This involuntary contraction causes your vocal cords to close very briefly, which produces the characteristic sound of a hiccup.

Barin

I don't think there is a particular reason for the causes of hiccups but by drinking enough water it do cure the hiccups

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Many people have tried to explain what may cause hiccups by the none has been scientifically approved. This makes people to accept the cultural opinion on what can cause hiccups. Whenever I am being attacked by this hiccups, all I do is to take water and everything will be subdued in a jiffy.

Zina

Hiccups just sudden appear without any reason but I think it is when the body needs more water that hiccups occur

Aqruub

As long as we drink enough water to the hiccup it will stop but I don't think there is a certain reason why hiccups occur

Jjimale

Wow thanks for the tips it is really helpful because I actually didn't have an idea of what causes hiccups