carrying a wallet in the back pocket

MRizwan530

Sometimes we fall prey to habits that we do not anticipate. Today we will talk about one such habit.
Carrying a wallet in the back pocket:
If you are in the habit of carrying a heavy wallet in your back pocket, be aware that this habit can cause severe back pain in the future. This condition is commonly called wallet sciatica. Men are more likely to have the disease than women who drive with the wallet in their pockets for long periods of time, which puts pressure on the lumbar spine. Continuing this process for a long time can lead to a problem that can cause severe pain in the lower parts of your legs, ankles and lower back. So as a precaution, keep the vault in the front pocket while sitting.
Thanks for reading my article. Must reply if you find it useful.

Image source: Unsplash

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Oh really never knew about this. I know the males in my life do carry their wallets in their back pocket, it just like it is an unwritten law that when once you are a male and an adult you need a wallet and it must always be at the back pocket. I hope they get to read this and desist from such habit, never knew it could cause a health problem. Just curious to know does stopping this habit make the pain to go away suposing the pain had come on a user already? or do they need to visit the hospital about it?

D

Deleted member 27180

This is the first time I am hearing about something like this, although we learn everyday u know. It is everyday common practice to work with the wallet I'm your back pocket. I think over 80 percent of men with wallet practice it. Although personally, I prefer to put the wallet in my front pocket where i am more aware of it than at the back. It feels more safe and comfortable at the front. And well, according to your writeup, drivers are at a higher risk of the accompanying health problems than guys who merely walk with their wallets in the back pocket. And also I have seen a lot of guys who subconsciously remove their wallets from the back pocket before sitting down I'm order to feel more comfortable