Business Ideas Car wash business

Jamoflondon

Verified member
Car wash business is basically involve in the washing of cars for people to get paid. This business is one of the most easiest and cheapest outdoor business. In fact you can do it from your home if you are lucky enough to have the required space needed for the business. The necessary things needed to get it started is just the space, sponge and soap, and a well. The good thing about this business is that you can start small if you don’t have the capital to start big. It is best done in an open area, especially a roadside where cars do pass usually, you just need to be exposed for drivers to easily locate you. You can also do this business at a petrol station if you are permitted

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
Car wash business is a good business this day which gives good profit.
Whenever somebody want to setup this type of business, there are something needed to put in to place so that the returns will be good .
Some of it is that;
Good space and well accessible to the customers like beside the road.
Make sure that there is availability of water supply there.
And make sure that the price is not too high in order to encourage customers to patronise

Mika

VIP Contributor
If you are based in the city, and if you are thinking about starting a business, I believe the car wash business can be profitable. However, you need to invest a lot of money in equipment. You need to set up a washing service that requires a lot of construction. You also need to pay rents, pay huge water and electricity bills hire staff, etc. You also need to look out for competition.

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
The business is lucrative and it requires little capital to start. With small capital you could start a car wash business. All you need do is to get some boys that you will pay commission on the number of vehicle washed. The commission paid will be in terms of percentage. It could be 10 or 20 percent of the amount charged..

dagm

If you are actually located in the urban area, as well as if you are actually considering beginning a company, I think the vehicle clean company could be lucrative. Nevertheless, you have to spend a great deal of cash in devices. You have to established a cleaning solution that needs a great deal of building. You likewise have to pay out rents, pay out big sprinkle as well as electrical power expenses employ personnel, and so on.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
If the location is very attractive to the customers and the rent is not high then I guess that would be a good one for a car wash business. In our village there is only 1 car wash business that survived because of the high rental. The 3 car wash business that closed were due to the increased rent which did not sustain their overhead expenses.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
This kind of business needs a very good location. if you are in the city centre then you start the chance of getting a whole lot of customers and making a whole lot of money. the reason is because there are a lot of rich people there in which you can watch that can I make a whole lot of money. Going beside a hotel will also be profitable.

Jonaville

Car wash business is one that can never run because cars are always dirty. So the owners will have no choice but clean them. So for those that don't want to go through the stress of washing the cars themselves, they just employ the service of car washers. So it is a good business.

Skysaint

Verified member
This kind of business will mostly be profitable in the urban settlement. That's why location matters in a business, setting up such a business in the rural area or the sub urban areas will prove not to be lucrative as many who are residing in these areas are already used to washing their cars all by themselves and for the sub urban region there is much competition as I do see car wash business here and there even around my residence. It will only prove to be lucrative in the urban settlement but you will be needing more than a sponge and a bucket, there are special equipment for car wash business if you intend setting up the business in an urban area.

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
Car wash business is a good one though. Well I can’t say it is very lucrative in nigeria no matter the amount of money you invest on it, except you will have to be smart enough add some side hustle to it. For example, you might be doing that and still be able to sell like engine oil, diesel or even cars body parts. This might sound crazy but it will make you more income than just depending on washing cars alone. You can even bring up the idea of opening up a mechanic workshop at the same place, you don’t have to know how to repair cars, you can just employ someone that can do that.

Setho

VIP Contributor
People who have cars are going to watch it at one point or the other no matter what. Only interested in offering home services because not too many people have the luxury of the time to drive their cars to your shop in order to get it cleaned

greenieS

Verified member
A car wash is a very good deal nowadays, but you also have to be careful where you do it because it is very important. You have to do it somewhere in the city, where it is crowded / high traffic and you would have potential customers every day. If you do it away from the city where 20 cars pass, I don't know if they will stop washing it there. But yes, it is a business that you open with a decent budget and that is profitable today. You can also do self service, without employees. Put the coin in and wash your car yourself.