Can You Successfully Learn a Trade by Yourself

Jasz

VIP Contributor
If you have the knowledge and ability to learn a trade, then yes. You can successfully learn a trade by yourself. The most important thing is to have patience and guidance from an expert in the industry, You need to be willing to study for hours on end, practice, and work hard at it. If you want to learn how to become a plumber or electrician, then you need to start with a foundation of math and science classes in high school, as well as English classes so that you can read manuals and understand what they are saying. You also need to take courses like plumbing or electrical theory at community colleges, technical schools, or practice online so that you get hands-on experience working on real projects rather than just learning theory.

Once you have all this knowledge under your belt, then it’s time to start looking for employers who will hire technicians like yourself. For example, if I wanted to become an electrician or plumber, I would start by going online and looking up companies that hire electricians or plumbers in my area (or even across the country).

There are a lot of skills that you can learn on your own, but there are some things that are just better learned by being apprenticed by someone who already knows what they're doing. When it comes to learning a trade, it can be difficult to know where to start or if you're even doing things correctly. This is where having a mentor can be incredibly helpful.

Mentors can help you learn the ins and outs of a trade, from the basics to the more complicated skills. They can also answer any questions you have and help you troubleshoot when you're struggling. Learning a trade from a mentor can help you avoid costly mistakes and set you up for success in your chosen field.

While it is possible to learn these trades on your own, it is often difficult to do so. Without the proper guidance, you may not learn all of the necessary skills or safety protocols. This can be dangerous, both for you and for those around you. For these reasons, it is often best to learn a trade through a formal program or apprenticeship.

Ithedicious

Valued Contributor
Its depends on the system of government , most times like here a person can just learn how to do house wiring to become an electrician and other form of electrical practices to be fully qualified. Well I don't see anything wrong with that because even here as an electrician or as a plumber you can start making money immediately after you are done . Even while you are still learning you will always have a lot of free jobs to do for people to make some extra earning.

There are some countries that for you to be a full qualified electrician you must be qualified academically or and one way. And in most cases most of the online companies that are accepting electrician will need you to be experience.

Because in jobs like this experience is always what companies and organisation will always look forward to see from their employees.

Muftau151

It depends on the type of trade as someone can learn some trades without the help of anybody and i mean any physical body. It’s either of this two, first you learn a trade through someone directly or you learn it through someone indirectly. Since there’s nothing you want to do that someone has not done it before