Finance Can you start a business with no money?

kayode10

VIP Contributor
My question may seems absurd but I truly mean the question. I tried to have more knowledge about how to start a business and I have different books on it.

I was reading a book by Robert kiyosaki and he said that it is possible for an intrapreneur to start a business without using their own capital if they know they are way out.

Even there was a dedicated chapter in that book which he tried to explain that it is possible for someone to start a business using other people's money.

It's seems the author knows what he is talking about in the book. Perhaps he has done it in the past that's why he was able to explain it thoroughly.

so I want to ask you guys that is it possible to start a business without using your own money?

Megamber

Yes, it’s possible to launch a business without any money at all.

Assuming you have marketable skills and already own some equipment, you should be able to start generating an income.

This might include things like:
  • Cleaning
  • Dog walking
  • Delivery services
  • Repairs.
That said, most startups require at least some money – but you don’t need vast amounts.

Abigael

Valued Contributor
I think it is possible to start a business without any money. Especially those businesses where you only need to provide services. Such include baby sitting or saloon business. You just need you hands and knowledge on how to do it. On the other hand, you can use other people's money as Robert Kiyosaki says. That is by taking a loan or doing a fundraiser.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
We don't always need to have money before we start a business. There are some ways capital can be raised for business. I could remember how Robert talked how he went to bank to have a loan to buy an estate and use the rent to repay the rent and became an estate manager.

Good luck

Verified member
You can do any form of business without capital but it must be online not offline.Any offline business must require money for you to do it successfully and to be able to make good money.If one does not have capital then it should be online though you need to have a smartphone and a very good functioning network which is reliable.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
You can do any form of business without capital but it must be online not offline.Any offline business must require money for you to do it successfully and to be able to make good money.If one does not have capital then it should be online though you need to have a smartphone and a very good functioning network which is reliable.
Just like you observed, most offline business always require money to start up unlike the online business which can be set up without money. But these days, there are some offline jobs that can be set up without money at all especially those business that requires service rendering. They really need to have money before they can be set up

D

Deleted member 28127

Some services require capital for running a job especially if it is a product to deliver to the client while other services don't require much money where there is no product to deliver to a final customer, like for example teaching people something new for paying a course fee this can be a good and profitable business as my personal point of view.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Technically speaking you can start a business with no money. Let say you have an old laptop, an old phone, an old watch. You can put these items for sale on facebook Marketplace. Since the products are in your possession and listing on facebook marketplace does not requirement, you will be able to launch your business with no money.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
You can start a business with no money, but you also have limited earning opportunities when you star a business with no money, at some point, you will have to invest money. For example, if you are selling your own item, through ebay or facebook marketplace, you don't need money, but once the product is sold you need to spend money to ship.

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
I would say it might be possible if you happen to find yourself in on of those developed countries but it comes with some strict conditions, and I think it can only get you a small business like laundry service, transportation and the likes, some of the conditions attached to it is your credit score, you must have a very high one, as a matter of fact, it must be at the excellent level, with this you can get some amount of loan in a bank that can be enough to start up something small to earn you income. But in a third world country, just forget about it

Yusra3

VIP Contributor
Building a flourishing company with no money on the table is a real challenge, but it is not at all impossible if with creativity and relentless work-efforts. Funded with little innings such as freelancing, consulting and running errands, service-oriented enterprises are easy to establish. Validate business idea first by asking representatives of the target market to buy it. Only start when you get payment. Utilize your skills, local resources, and bargaining power to minimize your costs against the retail price. Also, consider crowdfunding, microloans from your loved ones, or way to take up small jobs to generate seed capital. This kind of a company is capital-free, relying on endurance and ingenuity. Nevertheless, the keen and determined start-up entrepreneurs can establish the lean business on sweat equity.