Can you operate a joint account with your partner?

D

Deleted member 27126

Personally I've planned the kind of life I want to live and being a working woman is part of it and if you ask me I can not operate a joint account with my husband... Not possible... I love to be in control of things and one of those things include my money... I would love to spend without answering any question about how the money fare and I believe that privacy promotes individuality also.
You have decided very well but do you know that there are some things that are easier said than done? One of them is the issue of trust especially when it concerns or has to do with the financial aspect of the home. Truth be told, the issue of joint account is not something that can be accepted just like that. No one likes to be cornered or to monitored most especially when it is about money. You can still establish trust with your husband but as far as operating a joint account, he might not even accept the idea

Highflyer

Yes I can operate a joint account with my wife, I see nothing wrong in it and it is the form of savings most couples practice too. However, asides the joint account, we will each have a separate individual account for personal expenses. The money from the joint account will be a certain percentage of our salaries each, the joint account will be dedicated for expenses like building project and children's education.

Josemendez

Verified member
As for me , I think it is a good thing for one to do such , because this will help the two parties to have something that strengthens their bonds and finance as well . The joint account will help them save for their children , have a general fund for taking care of their pressing needs .

Teatea

Of course I can operate a joint account with my partner, it helps build transparency and trust. Having a joint account with your partner doesn't stop you from having a personal account, you can still have your own account that you use for personal stuffs. While the joint account would be for joint bills and probably family expenses.

D

Deleted member 27126

Yes I can, although some people will say they can't because of experience. But if you know who you are dealing with then there should not be a problem having a joint account with your spouse. I feel if there's trust and you both understand each other then the joint account is not a bad idea, I personally have one with my husband and the money that goes in there is for project, so when any money is going in there we both know that this money is not to be touched it is meant for a particular project and used for that thing that is ment for, it's as simple as that.
I concur with you for the points you have above. The most important thing is knowing the kind of person you are dealing with, we men take the issue of money more serious than one another and sometimes if care is not taken, the issue of money can cause a very big disagreements between spouse up to the point of breaking up with each other. It is advisable to study your man or woman very well and if joint account isn't tenable, kindly operate your accounts differently to avoid any problems.

D

Deleted member 27126

Having your assets in one joint account can also make your financial lives simpler, as you do not have to track multiple accounts. A single joint account eliminates the possibility of having too much money in one account and not enough in the other when you need it, reducing the chance of an overdraft.
It wil also improve the relationship with your partner as it make trust easy.
Bro, if it is about making financial life simpler, honestly, it will be very good but you see the problems that having a joint account normally causes in the family is greater than the advantages thereof. Both parties will begin to suspect and even monitor each others spending and there won't be peace the way it is supposed to be. I have discussed this issue with a lot of women both single and married and they all said they can not afford to do that and it's due to the nature of men and women when it comes to spending money

Queentener

I was discussing with a married woman this evening and an argument ensued about whether it is right or wrong to operate a joint account with one's partner. I need your opinion about this. As a man or woman, can you operate a joint account with your Partner?
Yes I can, although some people will say they can't because of experience. But if you know who you are dealing with then there should not be a problem having a joint account with your spouse. I feel if there's trust and you both understand each other then the joint account is not a bad idea, I personally have one with my husband and the money that goes in there is for project, so when any money is going in there we both know that this money is not to be touched it is meant for a particular project and used for that thing that is ment for, it's as simple as that.

eojo2401

I can't operate joint account with anybody. My wife also cannot operate joint account with me because she is not interested in such thing. Assuming am operating joint account with my wife, if I wanted to send money to my parents now, do I have to get permission from my wife before giving my parents money, over my dead body.

Kabak95

Having your assets in one joint account can also make your financial lives simpler, as you do not have to track multiple accounts. A single joint account eliminates the possibility of having too much money in one account and not enough in the other when you need it, reducing the chance of an overdraft.
It wil also improve the relationship with your partner as it make trust easy.

D

Deleted member 27126

I was discussing with a married woman this evening and an argument ensued about whether it is right or wrong to operate a joint account with one's partner. I need your opinion about this. As a man or woman, can you operate a joint account with your Partner?

D

Deleted member 27126

To me it's a matter of understanding, what's so wrong joint an account between the spouse. If they trust themselves enough. It's cool by me
Honestly, you have spoken well. That is how it is supposed to be but what I have come to realize is that the level of trust with which couple started at the beginning always dwindles when the relationship has already led to marriage and this is why you will hardly see a couple that run or operate joint account together. Why getting married to someone when you know you don't continue to trust him or her as you have always done initially?

Doradorwa

Opportunity seeker
You have spoken well. But you see? It is that mutual understanding that is lacking in many marriages nowadays and that is why partners hardly trust each other especially when it has to do with money and love. I have discussed with many ladies, who are actually working class and who are making their own money whether they would like to operate a joint account with the husband, their reply is always NO.
Personally I've planned the kind of life I want to live and being a working woman is part of it and if you ask me I can not operate a joint account with my husband... Not possible... I love to be in control of things and one of those things include my money... I would love to spend without answering any question about how the money fare and I believe that privacy promotes individuality also.

D

Deleted member 27126

Actually it depends on the level of trust you people have with each other. But has for me I dare not even try it with any woman cause have seen more than enough regarding the matter. It a risk I can't take
You just nailed it all bro. Trust is very lacking in nowadays relationship especially between lovers. One normal ground there is nothing bad when both husband and wife operate a joint account but to me, the woman will always want to be the one to spend much from the money and besides, when the husband also tries to spend part of it, there will be some misunderstanding about that. Women like to be spent on but don't want to spend on men. Lol

D

Deleted member 27126

Okay... Firstly I don't see any reason why you can not operate a joint account with your husband or your wife as far as that understanding is there... You see,I believe for things like that there must be mutual understanding between the 2 partner and a mature attitude toward money by the both of them... If you know each other well then no problem.
You have spoken well. But you see? It is that mutual understanding that is lacking in many marriages nowadays and that is why partners hardly trust each other especially when it has to do with money and love. I have discussed with many ladies, who are actually working class and who are making their own money whether they would like to operate a joint account with the husband, their reply is always NO.

Daykas

Actually it depends on the level of trust you people have with each other. But has for me I dare not even try it with any woman cause have seen more than enough regarding the matter. It a risk I can't take

Ekuvero

It all depends on their trust issues and their level of understanding, cause some spouse might be discretive in handling financial issues but most women do turn out to make use of it to their own advantage with their ever demanding nature where you won't be able to deny not having fund's.
I to prefer the single account where everybody do oversee their own fianances to the joint account by spouse,with the single account where one is majorly in charge of its finance than the dual where with the refusal of one signatory you won't be able to make use of your funds. Though it all depends on understanding

Doradorwa

Opportunity seeker
Okay... Firstly I don't see any reason why you can not operate a joint account with your husband or your wife as far as that understanding is there... You see,I believe for things like that there must be mutual understanding between the 2 partner and a mature attitude toward money by the both of them... If you know each other well then no problem.

Emmatyking

To me it's a matter of understanding, what's so wrong joint an account between the spouse. If they trust themselves enough. It's cool by me