Can You Insure Farm Animals?

kayode10

VIP Contributor
Animal husbandry is one of the aspects of agriculture. Animal husbandry ensures that all the farm animals are well breed.

There would not be regular supply of meat, eggs, hide and skins etc if people are engaging in animal husbandry.

Some of the common farm animals people rear in the farm include goats horses sheep donkey cow Turkey chickens ducks etc.

I visited a dairy farm on an excursion and I discovered that there are hundreds of cows in which the workers get fresh milks everyday.

The dairy farm is a big business because they are producing varieties of things from the fresh milk they are deriving from the cows. They are producing fresh evaporated milk, yogurt, butter etc.

So I want to ask that can a company like this ensure all the cow in the dairy farm?

Jamoflondon

Verified member
Of course you can insure your farm animals if you think they are worth it, I mean in value. You might be aiming to sell the animals with high prices in future and you wouldn’t want anything bad to happen to them, I mean like get stolen, or death to take them away

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
I believe that the insurance company have different policy which every person can take depends on individual choices. Some time if insurance company knows that if they cover such property will not give them and benefit at the end they will never cover such.
To me I know those animals are generating income to their owner any its become an asset which CH should be insured.

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
You can insure your farm animals with the help of liability insurance incase your any of them cause damages to other people or someone else’s property. The insurer will get to take responsibility for the damages and you can also insure it incase it get stolen, the insurer will be there to compensate the owner

dagm

Obviously you can easily guarantee your ranch pets if you believe they deserve it, I imply in worth. You may be intending to offer the pets along with higher costs in potential as well as you would not desire everything poor to occur to all of them, I imply like obtain taken, or even fatality to get all of them away

kayode10

VIP Contributor
@Mandy96 thanks for the great insight. I'm planning to start a go to bank if the capital and planning to raise come true. One thing about gold bank is that all the people you bring there bet I long for you to keep in the bank while you charge them some fees

Mika

VIP Contributor
I have posted a thread on this topic. You can insure farm animals, you can also insure your crop. You will be provided coverage for the death of your farm animals or the diseses. You will be provided coverage of your crop is destroyed due to heavy rain, flood, or hailstones.

Nite

Valued Contributor
Farm animals can be insured. It's termed as Livestock insurance, where farmers can protect themselves against the unexpected loss of their animals through injury, unexpected death or theft. Some livestock insurance policy also cover animal mortality for reasons like viruses or naturally early death that are usually exempt from typical livestock insurance.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I have to be honest that I am ignorant of this kind of insurance. I had a friend whose father had a piggery in their province and also a poultry farm. But I have not heard about them to have an insurance because his father was always worried of the disease that might get inside the farm. The issue with that kind of insurance is the cost of the coverage and the high mortality rate of the livestock.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
It's possible to insure farm animal , I think there is nothing bad in insuring such thing , most people do insure the farm animal against different type of risk like fire , theft and so many , so just choose the best insurance company to cover such type of risk