Can you create multiple adsense accounts?

arunima25

Verified member
You can have it. I mean more than one person staying under the same roof can have their own accounts..You can not have business account and personal account with the same name.. The same person can have one personal account and one business accounts provided the Google accounts for the two are separate.
That's my understanding. I know of family members staying under the same roof and having their own individual adsense account.

arunima25

Verified member
Can I create multiple account for singal or same website
As far as my knowledge and understanding go, you can not do that. I mean for the same website, you can use only one Google account and one Adsense account ( personal or business) attached to it. However, if you have multiple websites, you can have Adsense account for each one of them and you need to have different Google accounts for those. I hope I am right. I do not have a personal experience there. Hope someone here can help you more.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I have an Adsense account and from what I remember about the requirements for creating an account is the email and some data about the user. If I will use the name of my wife and her personal data then I can create another Adsense account which is "supposed" to be not me. It is like cheating but for the sake of this topic, I am just explaining it.

arunima25

Verified member
Different people with different email accounts and data about the users can have different AdSense accounts. And they all can stay under the same roof. That is allowed and will not be cheating. Only when you try to link two different Adsense accounts to the same website or video, it will raise a flag. Even one person can have multiple AdSense accounts if he is using different mail ids to log in and these accounts are linked to different websites or YouTube videos.
Now that is my understanding and if I am wrong someone please correct me.
I would like to know if we can link the same Adsense account to different websites?

Mika

VIP Contributor
Different people with different email accounts and data about the users can have different AdSense accounts. And they all can stay under the same roof. That is allowed and will not be cheating. Only when you try to link two different Adsense accounts to the same website or video, it will raise a flag. Even one person can have multiple AdSense accounts if he is using different mail ids to log in and these accounts are linked to different websites or YouTube videos.
Now that is my understanding and if I am wrong someone please correct me.
I would like to know if we can link the same Adsense account to different websites?
You can use the same website for multiple adsense accounts. However, before you can run ads, you need to sent your website for approval. Two individuals living under the same roof are not allowed to create two different accounts. However, they use different mailing address, they might be able to do so. One person cannot have more than one adsense account.

arunima25

Verified member
You can use the same website for multiple adsense accounts. However, before you can run ads, you need to sent your website for approval. Two individuals living under the same roof are not allowed to create two different accounts. However, they use different mailing address, they might be able to do so. One person cannot have more than one adsense account.
Thanks for coming up with this clarification. My husband has a website and an Adsense account. Now I am planning to start a website of my own and I have already purchased domain name for it. I would open one Adsense account for my website when I host it and launch it. So there will be two Adsense accounts of two different people with different mailids but sharing the same house. And that is perfectly okay.
I quote from your reply " You can use the same website for multiple Adsense accounts". Can it be other way round ?- " multiple websites can be linked to same Adsense accoun

Mika

VIP Contributor
Adsense clearly mentions that you cannot have more than one account. Adsense also mentions that if your account is disabled, you cannot create another account.

What if the people from the same household also want to use Adsense. Let say, the husband has an Adsense account and the wife also wants to create a website and use Adsense on her site. Is this possible? I looked online and did not find any specific answer.

Google says you may have only one account "including those under your direction or control." This statement does not clearly tell whether the wife can create Adsense or not if the husband is already using Adsense. I understand you cannot use the same address to create AdSense account, but what if you use a different address?

Last edited:

btaliat

VIP Contributor
You can have it. I mean more than one person staying under the same roof can have their own accounts..You can not have business account and personal account with the same name.. The same person can have one personal account and one business accounts provided the Google accounts for the two are separate.
That's my understanding. I know of family members staying under the same roof and having their own individual adsense account.
To be frank, your write up cleared much air on the topic. When I was reading the poster write up, I was a little bit confused why an individual can not open an individual and a business account on a sense. Your post later clarifed that it is possible but not with the same Google account. You even gave an illustration to buttress your point.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Thanks for coming up with this clarification. My husband has a website and an Adsense account. Now I am planning to start a website of my own and I have already purchased domain name for it. I would open one Adsense account for my website when I host it and launch it. So there will be two Adsense accounts of two different people with different mailids but sharing the same house. And that is perfectly okay.
I quote from your reply " You can use the same website for multiple Adsense accounts". Can it be other way round ?- " multiple websites can be linked to same Adsense accoun
Individual adsense accounts can use upto 500 websites. In other words, the same adsense ad code can run for up to 500 websites. You and your husband can have different adsense accounts, but you need to have different addresses (because they will send PIN to your mailing address in order to verify your address). PIN verification is necessary to earn

arunima25

Verified member
Individual adsense accounts can use upto 500 websites. In other words, the same adsense ad code can run for up to 500 websites. You and your husband can have different adsense accounts, but you need to have different addresses (because they will send PIN to your mailing address in order to verify your address). PIN verification is necessary to earn
Thank you so much. That's a valuable information. It's interesting to know that we can link up to 500 websites to same Adsense account. My husband has an account already and I don't remember him getting any PIN. Anyway I will reconfirm..If it is so, I would link my account also to the same Adsense account. Though I would have preferred to have a separate one.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
I have never used adsense and i do not plan to use it any sooner even though it is the best advertising solution and a great money earning platform. I really do not think that Google allows you to create more than one account if you are applying for an adsense account as a publisher who wishes to ern money and google has made it quite straight in their terms of services. If you violate their terms of service, you risk getting banned.

arunima25

Verified member
I have never used adsense and i do not plan to use it any sooner even though it is the best advertising solution and a great money earning platform. I really do not think that Google allows you to create more than one account if you are applying for an adsense account as a publisher who wishes to ern money and google has made it quite straight in their terms of services. If you violate their terms of service, you risk getting banned.
What is the option that you are using to earn if you are not into Google Adsense?
It's better to stick to the rules and regulations. Getting banned won't be good. When one can link multiple websites to the same account, I guess it's better to stick to one account and one Adsense account. That will fulfill all the needs. I can't think of reasons to have more than one Adsense account.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Thank you so much. That's a valuable information. It's interesting to know that we can link up to 500 websites to same Adsense account. My husband has an account already and I don't remember him getting any PIN. Anyway I will reconfirm..If it is so, I would link my account also to the same Adsense account. Though I would have preferred to have a separate one.
Adsense rules have changed so much. If you were using adsense 5 years ago, you had to submit one website for approval, once it was approved, you could use adsense on any website you owned without having to send for manual verification. They always had this PIN requirement but they also had another option where you can verify through Google Map.

arunima25

Verified member
Adsense rules have changed so much. If you were using adsense 5 years ago, you had to submit one website for approval, once it was approved, you could use adsense on any website you owned without having to send for manual verification. They always had this PIN requirement but they also had another option where you can verify through Google Map.
My husband had this account around five years back. I was planning to link my website too to the same Adsense account. Do we have to go for a manual verification now each time we link a new website to the same Adsense account?

Mika

VIP Contributor
If your husband already has an adsense account, I don't think you would be needing a different adsense account. Your husband can give you administrative access to his adsense account and you can log into your husband's adsense through your own email. Every new site you submit will have to be manually approved by adsense, whether it is your site or your husband's site.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
Google does now allow you to create more than one Adsense account. If you had been adsense user in the past and if your account was disabled or banned, you are not allowed to create another account. However, people have found loopholes and managed to create another accounts. When adsense discovers that you are a banned user who has created another account, your account will be banned again. What if you managed to earn some money and when you were just expecting the payment, adsense sends you a notice that your account has been banned because you are associated with another banned account?

arunima25

Verified member
If your husband already has an adsense account, I don't think you would be needing a different adsense account. Your husband can give you administrative access to his adsense account and you can log into your husband's adsense through your own email. Every new site you submit will have to be manually approved by adsense, whether it is your site or your husband's site.
Thank you so much. That's been helpful. I am not much active in cyberspace these days due to a lot of demands and commitments in the offline life for now. I should keep your advice in mind when I get back to this..I have not made any progress in this regard since the kast time we discussed here.

Jasz

VIP Contributor
Yes, individuals are allowed to have more than one AdSense account. However, the accounts must be associated with different websites, and only one account may be active at any time.

If you have more than one website, you may find it useful to have a separate AdSense account for each site. This way, you can track your earnings across sites individually.

If you want to use the same ads on multiple sites, you can set up separate AdSense accounts for each site and link them all to the same Ad Manager network. This will allow you to track your earnings from each site individually without having to create multiple ad units for the same ad sizes.

I feel anything aside from this might be difficult to achieve or even get you banned.