Can you actually become very rich from your job?

Mika

VIP Contributor
One of the major drawbacks of having a job is a limited income opportunity. Even though some people can earn a commission, especially if they are in the sales and marketing field, for the majority of people the weekly/monthly paycheck is the only income from the job. So, the question is can you actually become rich from your job. I mean can you build and multiply your income just from your job?

Well, it is really hard to answer this question because the answer depends on where you work and how much salary you draw. If someone works in a company like Google, he must be drawing fat check and he might be able to multiply his wealth over the time. But for someone who is working in a little known company or a very small company, he might be having difficulty even to manage his expenses.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Becoming rich whether doing business or working 9-5 needs one to diversify. You need to have other side hustlles apart from just working for someone and building wealth for them. So yes it isn't only about just working but having the urge to start something by the side to help. Make money from different sources to be rich

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
When you define rich as having a mansion, luxury cars and millions of money in the bank then I would say that only the CEO or company president can be rich in his job. Even the lower executives like vice president may not be that rich. I have worked in a bank and most of the vice presidents there cannot be considered rich unless they have a business for their added income.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
Depends on what kind of job you are doing and where you are employed. Sunder Pichai is Google's CEO. He is one of the highest paid employees in the world. He became rich from is job. However, for a lot of people jobs can only fulfill their basic needs.Jobs do not make them rich

Rachael

Verified member
It all depends on the kind of job which is involved. In my country, most government workers are not even earning high salaries, you would have to wait for years to reach levels or rank before the salary can be augmented. The one advantage I see in becoming a government worker is that, there are high chances of running a business at the same time. Most government workers in my geographical region are not rich, most of them cannot even afford cars, as they have to wait for retirement age which most of them make use of their gratuity in buying cars and building houses.

Albeit, people are still fighting tooth and nail to get a slot to work for the government organization and the reasons are not far-fetched, most private jobs are worse and has no good intentions for their workers. If in my county, most people do not get rich from just engaging in a particular job except you are occupying a higher rank or position either in public or private organizations. Businesses has proven to even make people richer more than jobs, because most bosses are very toxic and are sadist. There is no guarantee of becoming rich from solely depending on a job.

Ithedicious

Valued Contributor
Well as you have said, it will depend on the type of job someone is doing that will determine the level of success and people who are working in a company that are paying very low may not likely have opportunity to be making money to a point of having some savings , and as a result it may not be profitable to them and they won't be rich with such a works.

People shouldn't dedicate their time believing that they will be rich even if they are working in a low paying organisation but they should look forward and check out ways they can improve their earning and possibly they should even change jobs that are not giving them the required salary.

Sometimes jobs are not always the reasons why people are not able to make up to the amount of money that can give them financial freedom, sometimes is because they are not qualify academically and if that could be an hindrances , then you have to work toward achieving what is needed for you to make money .

The world is so competitive to a point that you don't even miss a single opportunity and you should prepare for every opportunities.

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
The answer to that question actually depends on the type of job that the individual in question actually indulge him or herself . Tot everyone today , is blessed with a job that is highly respected and prestigious coupled with the earning of huge and attractive amount of salaries and also having the privilege to enjoy other business in kinds . There are still large majority of people in the world today mostly in regions that are still developing like regions of west Africa that are still poverty-stricken and still earning lower amount of money as monthly or weekly incomes and earnings from there their various 9 to 5 jobs which is not always enough for them to fend for their material and physical needs and also that of their families and also be able to engage in other future productivity activities and practices like investing and saving .

That is why I prefer online money making to offline investment because online investment and money making has the potential to pay highly and way more better than most offline businesses that are in existence today . Online investment has been a remedy and savior to majority of individuals living in developing country and regions like West Africa .

LoukiaCharilaou

Valued Contributor
One of the major drawbacks of having a job is a limited income opportunity. Even though some people can earn a commission, especially if they are in the sales and marketing field, for the majority of people the weekly/monthly paycheck is the only income from the job. So, the question is can you actually become rich from your job. I mean can you build and multiply your income just from your job?

Well, it is really hard to answer this question because the answer depends on where you work and how much salary you draw. If someone works in a company like Google, he must be drawing fat check and he might be able to multiply his wealth over the time. But for someone who is working in a little known company or a very small company, he might be having difficulty even to manage his expenses.
Good morning from my region! Hope you are all doing well. I find the topic you have chosen very interesting. In my opinion, it is very difficult to become very rich from your job. Of course, it depends on the kind of job you are doing. Some people may become rich from their job whereas the majority of people will never succeed in becoming rich from their job. I think that it is wise to find some additional earning sources as well for any extra income so as to cover all your needs. Anyway, money does not always bring happiness. Thanks a lot for sharing this interesting thread with us!

sincerem

VIP Contributor
One can become rich doing an offline 9-5 kind of job, no doubt. It depends on how much you're earning there, and how discipline you are when it comes to spending money. If you can spend wisely,invest wisely too, you will accrue reasonable amount of money in the future that can make you financial stable which I call riches. One who is a one day millionaire can't make anything out of his time doing 9-5 kind of job even if the earnings are well enough to serve him. Money should not be spent lavishly within short term interval. What will it profit you to spend all you've made in a whole month with few days and suffer all through the remaining days? that's pathetic enough to me. I love investment, investing in either stocks, crypto, gradually for years provided it is on the right coin(s), can give me the opportunity to earn really well after some years than spending it lavishly. Those who invested in BTC last five years gradually are on the massive profit side already. Anyone can earn such, it just depends on discipline when it comes to handling funds and saving money, investing money longtime without tampering with it.

Sikapa

Verified member
To me becoming rich from ones job is something uncommon. Maybe that person has to be a Member of Parliament from some continent. If I say from some continent, I mean on some continent the only job that can make you rich is to be a politician but beside that I don't think ones job can make him or her a rich person.

The only way a job can make you rich is to also invest in some businesses that can generate you income.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
First of all, it depends on the kind of job you are doing because there are some people that do 9 to 5 jobs and they make good amount of money on monthly basis, there are some companies that gives you the opportunity to make money apart from your salary which is fixed.

Someone who is doing a nine-to-five job can actually become rich but it depends on the level of knowledge you have. You can actually save your monthly income and invest in other businesses like real estate and the whole lot of others including online businesses also.

But depending on your job especially when it is not paying reasonable amount of money you may actually not become rich. The truth is that anyone that really wants to become rich should try as much as possible to have multiple sources of income and also try to create his or her own business.

I have come across a lot of people that do 9 to 5 jobs and they are quite very ok because they have a lot of other businesses they are doing. when you depend on the fixed salary on monthly basis, you may actually not be able to become rich like someone who is self-employed.