Can we be all successful if we do the same business?

btaliat

VIP Contributor
People always make mistake of venturing into another person business just because the person is making it in the said business. They always believe that if a particular person can succeed in the business, they can also succeed.

While some motivating speakers will tell you that you are on the right course, I will tell you, you may not. The success of one person in a particular business is not a yardstick to measure your chance of success in the same business.

There are many people that are into the same business but they are not successful the same way. The reason is that style of management will always differ. A simple illustration is if many people cook with the same ingredients, the soup won't still taste the same.

We need to study ourselves to know if truly we can handle the business well the same way those that are successful in it handle it. And employ the tactics they use as well to ease the success of the business.

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
There are so many factors that must be put in place to ensure business success, and provided they are not met, no success would be achieved no matter how much effort is put in the business. Two individuals could be in the same business, but one may be more knowledgeable and this would be a reason why he is always making profits when others who are not well informed are failing.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
It is possible for us to succeed by venturing into the same type of business but the issues here is just that a person with the natural talents about that business will be able to succeed more, there is going to be a huge competition but experts in that field will be the one with the highest success.

Kingsley

Valued Contributor
Sure! We can venture into the same line of business and all succeed this can be seen in some international market and even local market sometimes, where you will see a complete section of the market with one particular kind of product been sold and infact the sales level each person in the section gets can be very amazing. So to me it is possible.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
People always make mistake of venturing into another person business just because the person is making it in the said business. They always believe that if a particular person can succeed in the business, they can also succeed.

While some motivating speakers will tell you that you are on the right course, I will tell you, you may not. The success of one person in a particular business is not a yardstick to measure your chance of success in the same business.

There are many people that are into the same business but they are not successful the same way. The reason is that style of management will always differ. A simple illustration is if many people cook with the same ingredients, the soup won't still taste the same.

We need to study ourselves to know if truly we can handle the business well the same way those that are successful in it handle it. And employ the tactics they use as well to ease the success of the business.
I don’t so, no two persons are same even twins would do things different. even if I should do same business with a friend I will love to chart my own course or path for my business. What that will make us outstanding will be our unique strategies. So NO is the answer

funmi

Verified member
That is a big NO for me. Even God himself created both good and bad. Which means, he want us all to be dynamic not static. We all can not be successful if we all do the same business because the product will saturate the market and even get extremely cheap, this will not bring much profits.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Succeeding in business depends on the level of knowledge and experience you have. Your write-up is very clear and as you have stated a lot of people fall guilty of such. many people want to venture into businesses because they see that other people are succeeding in such business and this has led to a lot of business failure.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Someone who is in a very successful clothing business does not mean you will also become successful. If you start a business just because you see someone becoming very successful, you might fail. There are a lot of things involved for a business to become successful. If you do the same business you will create a saturation in the market

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Whether you're on same business with hundreds of persons it doesn't matter at all. What really matters is the ability for you to push the business higher to drive your own steady profit and undermining what others are actually getting from their own business. What matters most in business is the profit and not how many people does same business.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
This reminds me of the roasted chicken that became a craze in the 1980s. You can see a cart with the whole chicken being roasted. The price of the chicken went down due to the stiff competition that it looked like there is an ambulant vendor in every street corner. After a year only 2 established roasters remained and all the other folded up due to the bad competition.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
It depends when many people are doing the same business there would be more competition and instead of everyone becoming sucessful, there would be too much competition that will make people want to cut down the price of goods and service, and there would be more greater sales and less demand

Abigael

Valued Contributor
That is very true. We cannot indeed succeed in a business just because someone we know has succeeded in it. But I believe that if you actually take your time and study all the skills required in running the business, you will succeed in your own way. But just because someone else succeeded should not be your only reason for getting into business.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
That is very true. We cannot indeed succeed in a business just because someone we know has succeeded in it. But I believe that if you actually take your time and study all the skills required in running the business, you will succeed in your own way. But just because someone else succeeded should not be your only reason for getting into business.
This is true because most times what works for someone might not really work for the other , thats why its best for someone to create his own business plan and work towards improving the business plan in a better dimension , i have always prefer to be independent always and create my plan, because i know how business works