Buying Can war,crisis make some essential goods to be costly?

What do you want to buy?

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
War causes unrest in a nation or country. I know some years back in my country Nigeria to be precise ,the goods that will buy in at the rate of #100 has turn to #300 now due to some problems faced by the country.
Let's take this as an example,Agriculture sectors. In this sector before people where not many that are doing farming business. And we all known that the farm produce is the main backbone of the nation but people where not much there which mean that there will shortage of Food in the country.
But if those that where turn up to be doing it are not secure,their farm are not not save from being destroy by animal,then there will be low production.
And if this war and crisis continue then,there will be shortage of food.
There will low supply of goods with higher demand and the price of food and all this necessity goods will go up which can lead to hardship in the nation.
To me I believe war and crisis can leads to higher price of some necessity goods.

P

Pauljonnes1000

Ofcause yes, what can make some essential good to be costly is, for example, food, water, shelter. Food is a an essential thing, it looks like the food for a car. When you don't have a food in your system, then your energy goes. Until you eat then your energy comes back. When there is war, food will be scarce, thereby, make food to be costly. Water could also be poisoned by enemies to weaken there oponnent. This also can make water scarce to see. Houses are razed down, making shelter to.scared.

Daykas

The fact remain the fact. Some crises and war can make the price of commodities to increase at a faster rate than anything in the world.
The moment people found out there is a war or crises,the next things they do increase the rate of goods.
For example when this pandemic rises up the price of a sachet tomatoes paste increase from #60 to #200 in my area

Henrylaw

War, natural disaster or any crisis contributes to social adversity. This conditions make farming, transportation and buying and selling of good and services to be difficult. When there is a break in the agricultural value chain and market disruption (Inbalance demand and supply) the price of food items and other commodities rise astronomically.

Makah

Yes and very Sure. War and Pandemic will make price of goods to inflate and raise it so high
Corona Pandemic is an example and everyone withness it
The price of a bag of rice before pandemic is about twelve thousand but currently due to the Corona pandemic the price has inflated is now twenty three thousand
I have never withness war and I pray I never withness one till I die
But at least am sure War will cause the inflation in price of consumables

Briangsam

Is there anything that gets cheap during wars or crises? Everything gets so expensive. This is because people hoard the little of anything they have and sell at higher prices. In my country, my countrymen could testify how expensive the price of nose mask got during the first wave of the global pandemic. That wasn't even a war. It would be worse in times of war.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
I think you are right no doubt and that is why you see that many people have been suffering due to wars in some countries and i think that wars also affects the country stock exchange market i think , so that's how it actually looks like i think , so wars do cause different issues in some countries like most times their exchange rate and others are been affected because of that i think