Can two people own a blog?

kayode10

VIP Contributor
Blogging is profitable and this is the reason why more people are engaging in it these days. Blogging ranks among the top 10 money-making Opportunities online.

Blogging comes with a lot of flexibility which means you can go the direction you like in the things you want to do. You can decide the writing style you want to use on your blog and no one is going to question you from that.

We have had in which two or more friends comes together by pulling out fund to start a business and everyone is smiling to the bank.

So I thought the same thing should be applicable to blogging too in which two or more people who happens to be friends come up together to start a blog in a niche. I would like to hear your opinion?

Last edited:
F

Funmluv

two people can ow. a blog if there is a solid agreement between both of the parties be involved. I myself, I can not do such a thing to own a blog with one other person but it seems there are people who are doing it, that is why I said it is possible.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
I don't see any reason why people will be sharing blogging when it is somehow easier to get knw created if truly there is need for one to be created. There may be clash on many areas if a blog is handled by two people, for instance, they may not agree on niche to choose.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
There's going to be a problem when they want to share profit at the end of the month. Each of them will want to receive earning in accordance to the effort they are putting into the blog. there's going to be a problem also if they don't have equal passion for the blogging business.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
two people can ow. a blog if there is a solid agreement between both of the parties be involved. I myself, I can not do such a thing to own a blog with one other person but it seems there are people who are doing it, that is why I said it is possible.
There may be people doing it but it doesn't mean there are not going through lot. No matter the agreement that may bind them, they will still be arguing over some trivial matters like the duration they need to be dedicating to their blog and even how to be sharing the profit that they make.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Yes, two people and more than two people can own a blog. You can either create a multi-author blog and blog from your account or create a multi-site blog on the secondary site. Multi site can be created while installing a content management system, however, multi-author blog can be created just by creating an account on the site.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Even if this is true I think it will also need a leader and leader must be present in whatever business two or more people is going into. Two people can successfully run a blogging website no doubt but even with this there will always be a leader someone who made decision and arrange how everything in the website should be done.
Yes, two people and more than two people can own a blog. You can either create a multi-author blog and blog from your account or create a multi-site blog on the secondary site. Multi site can be created while installing a content management system, however, multi-author blog can be created just by creating an account on the site.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
@Mika it is very true I saw something like this on my dashboard which indicates that I can create account for different people to use the blog together with me as a user. but the fundamental problem I think that will likely to occur is when they want to share the commission made by the blog.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
@Mika it is very true I saw something like this on my dashboard which indicates that I can create account for different people to use the blog together with me as a user. but the fundamental problem I think that will likely to occur is when they want to share the commission made by the blog.
Even if this is true and possible. It is not advisable. There will always be clash between the owners of the blogs. The best is just to have a separate blog to avoid any issue that may want to occur between the two people that may wish to have a joint blog. It is easier to have a blog anyway, what's now the essence of having a joint one.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
I was reading a post on reddit which a person was given account on how he and his friend start up a mum blog. he stated in the post that they asked to sell off the blog to share the revenue once and for all to avoid further argument between them. It is good if they are going to set up a blog to give community service with nothing in return.

Mika

VIP Contributor
If there are multiple owners on the blog, the owners can use their own ad codes There will be no problem with revenue sharing as the earnings from their ads will compound on their own ad accounts. If you know how to do this it will not be a big problem.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
Two people can own a website but how can two people own the same domain and hosting account. You can have a manager for your domain and also hosting account, but you cannot have a co-owner of your domain and hosting. Technically speaking, that is not possible. But you might have an arrangement based on your understanding.

Finger Geek

Verified member
Blogging is also like a business that can be own by one or more people. This will be of great advantages to the blog. Because the two will share there skills in developing the blog.
Since the owner of the blog will be more than one then it will be easier for them to split work among themselves for the success of the blog. On like one person he will have to write post and also look for ways to drive traffic to the blog.