Can success in business be attached to religion?

Doradorwa

Opportunity seeker
It is based on the individual and what he/she believes in. A number of persons in Africa are usually religious and believe in one thing or the other and attribute that success or failures to these their beliefs. I wouldn't condemn these because I believe in a divine being to. However, we should learn to draw a line between luck and preparedness. A business owner no matter what how religious he is, if the business owner doesn't apply the principles for success in his business, his/her business would never move forward.
Believe me I might not be religious.... I don't even go to church but I also believe in God and I believe he is the divine creator... This does not limit my thinking of success to religion.... Sometimes a business collapse and you will see the owner blaming some spirit instead of his negligence.... I posted this thread to create an awareness of this thinking.

IamDozzy

It is based on the individual and what he/she believes in. A number of persons in Africa are usually religious and believe in one thing or the other and attribute that success or failures to these their beliefs. I wouldn't condemn these because I believe in a divine being to. However, we should learn to draw a line between luck and preparedness. A business owner no matter what how religious he is, if the business owner doesn't apply the principles for success in his business, his/her business would never move forward.

Doradorwa

Opportunity seeker
Success is a different thing so does religion is a different thing though it is God who bring blessing upon the work of our hand. The Holy Bible says "my people perish for lack of knowledge". Many people have made a lot of mistakes by trying to attribute religion with business thus they abandoned their sole business duties and expect religion to take care of it.
A lot of people feels otherwise... Especially we africans... You will see a successful businessman that has gathered wealth to some extent but when you ask him how did he get ruch...he will tell you that it is God doing... And this has caused a lot of people to become poor and lazy waiting that soon God will hear their plead and make them rich while they stay in the 4 corner of your room praying instead of ultilising it...

marcusfe

Success is a different thing so does religion is a different thing though it is God who bring blessing upon the work of our hand. The Holy Bible says "my people perish for lack of knowledge". Many people have made a lot of mistakes by trying to attribute religion with business thus they abandoned their sole business duties and expect religion to take care of it.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
Religion can not determine the success of one business.
What determine the success of business is good management.Some things to put in business to make business successful are:
(1) Good research must be taken in to consideration
(2) Place where the business Will be situated
(3) The branding is also important
(4) Method of advertisements
(5) The price of good or service render must not be too cost.
So when all this is done the success is sure.

Ekuvero

How successful a business is can't be attached to religion it is baseless for you to attach the success of a business to religion. For instance Steve Job the founder of Apple is a Buddhist you can say the success of Apple is due to Buddhism that's a baseless claim, Success of a business lies solemnly on how focused, determined and steadfast the management of a business is alongside their marketing strategies. Religion does not decide someone Sucess

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Attaching success in business to religion is baseless and of course, biased. There are so many people that does not recognise with any religion but they are making waves in different areas of life. So being successful depends on your own hard work and also your believe in yourself. I myself is a religious person so religion is something that should guide our lifestyles and not how successful we are in life.

Ithedicious

Valued Contributor
Well , that's what so many people are believing and I don't really know . sometimes they always said that whatever you believe will actually work for you .

well it may work for them but to me I don't really think it is as they are saying because you can't just bring in religion into something you haven't worked to achieve and whatever you are interested to do you must work before you can even think of success.

I don't see anything wrong with you praying to your God and asking for help to succeed in your business , that may be another different thing entirely and people who believe in this it might actually work for them , but this won't work when you are not doing anything and expecting your business to succeed . This won't be the best and in most cases you won't even observe any noticeable success.

At the same time , if you are bringing in religion into your business you must also be willing to work hard to make sure everything works perfectly because religion may not do the magic for you to just succeed in your business without putting your personal effort .

Augusta

VIP Contributor
For me I will write that it is the combination of both. I think the two works hand in hand. For me there's nothing I will even do without involving God not necessarily religion but the author of it. The thing is that the universe just want to bless whoever he deems fit and it has nothing to do with being too knowledgeable or smart. They have been very shrewd business owners in the past that were dupe of their whole wealth by some deal makers which might have been avoided if God was brought in so you see the place of God can't be relegated to the background.

For me if you want to succeed in business you should make it 50 50 between God and your resources. You can't count God out and expect to arrive safely it isn't just possible. So as one is acquiring the needed skills to push a business forward prayer should also be up to help you decide the right things that should be done to help put things straight.

So do I believe that God can magically uphold a business yeah I believe perfectly but do we still need to work and hard of course. All work together for our good.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
I just believe that we can be successful when we are conversant with some holy books verses. I could remember some verses that talk about how we can work harder to make money in the book of Proverbs. These verses are there to make us better and think more on how to be productive. In the same vein, in the book of Ecclesiastes, it talks about the more reason why we need to do more investments. It claims that we should even invest in many things because we don't know the ones that will pay us off one day.

But it saddens my heart these days seeing people always going to the religious houses to pray instead of work. They always believe that we can pray only and be rich. There are some people that always sprinkle their shop with water believe to be aiding much sales. In as much as I don't want to believe the rationale behind this, I won't totally condem it. It may be working for some people maybe because of their faith.

In conclusion, it doesn't really matter what works for us, the best thing is to try our best first and then unto Heaven for help

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
I am a Muslim, and the Islamic religion teaches to be fair and never cheat people when it comes to conducting business. Our Islamic values suggest that when a person deals fairly with people. God Almighty blesses people with more prosperity and success in the end. So I strongly think that religion can make a person successful. I have myself experienced spiritual peace while practising Islam and your heart remains pure when you deal justly with other people. People start trusting you more and this could lead to more success in the end because customers would prefer a faithful person over a person who is not faithful towards people.

As they say that honestly is the best policy. You must be really honest if you want to secure customer and a religious Muslim is more likely to be faithful. I know that there are so many people out there who merely use religion to gain the trust of people, but this does not mean that all the religious people out there are bad. There is a vast category of religious people out there. Apart from that, I also think that religious festivals and traditions could also boost sales. For example, the sale of food and clothing increase during the Eid season in my country.