Shares/Stock Can investing in stocks earn me income for my livelihood?

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
Pardon me for posting this but I am not bragging. I received a huge amount of money that is more than $300,000.. Now the money is resting in my bank account because I am being very careful in my investment. My present choices are real estate and stocks. But I know that it is easier said than done. With stocks I can earn a minimal dividend every year but it is not substantial. To really earn from stocks, I have to sell when the market price has increased marginally. Next step is to buy again when the market price is low. That is clearly trading which I really don't like.

With real estate, let's say I will buy 2 properties to rent out. If my funds get depleted then I will sell one property with an assumed increased value. And maybe that will take care of my expenses for many years. To be frank, I am getting excited and it is not good for the excitement may affect my decision.

E

eldavis

Both of them are actually good, but I feel when it comes to stock, it has more risk than real estate. The price of stock can go down at anytime and you have no power or control over it, meaning you could experience losses if you do not know what to do. In real estate on the other hand, you have some level of control, meaning you can decide on what to do with your property to generate more capital.

Chet

You can fund startups anywhere in the world that you trust will grow in long term. This will probably help you grow with less investment. I don't know about US but in Nepal, most of my relatives who spent only $500 at properties during 2005s are now millionaire by selling those properties. Funding is a better choice if you take risk and want to grow in less time. I also have e-commerce business startup that needs some funding and About me: I spent money on people more talented than me and just lead them to my plan. And I tried it for 6 months. I spent $2000 and got almost $15000 from the tasks completed by them.