Auto Insurance Can I drive others car with my insurance?

kayode10

VIP Contributor
Auto insurance makes life easy for the car owners. Auto insurance gives you a piece of mind over your vehicles. All You Need Is to pay your premium regularly.

It is even mandatory in my city for someone to own an auto insurance anytime they are acquiring new vehicles for themselves or company.

Even most of the commercial car drivers are not left out of the auto insurance policy mandated by the state.

They are sometimes that your car will break down unexpectedly and you don't know the way out. The only option left for you is to take someone else car to the place where you are going.

So I want to ask you guys that can I drive other people's car with my own insurance? If anything happens will my insurance cover for the car?

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
In my opinion I really do not think that is possible to do. Because your insurance only covers what you insure in particular. For example, if you bought a policy plan for your car, you can not expect the same plan to work for another vehicle. It would seem like a cheat

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Insurance can not o be transferred. It is not possible for an insurance policy on one auto to cover the other auto. So, in the scenario you created, it is even better for the person to call on the attention of the insurance company to repair the car on his behalf.

niche

Verified member
The car insurance premium paid largely depends on the car for which the policy is applicable. Usually the insurance premium is higher for more expensive cars, luxury cars, since the insurance company will have to pay more for repairs of the car. The insurance company also consider the age driving record and other details of the driver while finalizing the policy premium.

Good luck

Verified member
Your insurance policy is not be meant for other people's car.The insurance car one is driving must be insured so your insurance plan can not work for that.You can only use your driver's license to drive any vehicle as long as the papers are intact and it is not a stolen vehicle but certainly not your insurance for another car.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Your car insurance applies to your car only, or as long as the car is registered under your name. It does not matter who drives your car, you will get coverage if the car encounter accidents. If you are driving someone else car which is also insured and you get an accident, the owner will get the coverage.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
You'll simply bear the risk on your own by driving any person's car, because your car is registered under insurance company, they are taking notice of that. So no cheating they know your vehicles, and they'll invest properly to find out of the car is yours or not. And you know if you cheat, it lead to serious penalty.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
This is not a rule in insurance I believe it is only for what you have insured. You can't insure a green house and then present a blue house with your claims, nobody will answer. We all need to know that insurance is no charity and stop trying to clown with it

D

Deleted member 28127

The insurance can even not cover all the fees and there are many cases for such kind of situations like for example if you are renting your car for people then sometimes damages aren't covered 100 % by insurance they for example cover 70 % of accidents cost to repair and renting car 30 % it varies from case to case.