Home Insurance Can Home Insurance Cover Appliances?

kayode10

VIP Contributor
Home insurance is one of the common insurance people are doing out there. Home insurance make it pretty much easier for the home owners to respond fast to any unforeseen circumstances.

Home insurance ensures safety and peace of mind to some extent especially when you are paying your premium regularly.

I got to see the beauty of home insurance when one of our neighbour's patio collapsed as a result of heavy rainfall. The roof of the patio was destroyed by heavy wind during the rainfall.

The following day some of the representatives of the insurance company my neighbour is using came to inspect everything. And the patio was reconstructed fast.

I want to ask you guys that can home insurance cover for some of the damaged appliances within the home?

Good luck

Verified member
It is still the same thing as insurance ones property atleast if anything unforeseen circumstances happen or probably a theft occur or there is power outbreak the insurance company will take care of the situation so there is no reason why one should insure appliances separately since there are lots of things in the same house that has been insured.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
While insuring, there is always a clause whether the insurance should be comprehensive or not. There are some insurance policies on house thay don't cover the materials and the appliances inside while there are some that cover the entire building together with what are inside. Though this type is always expensive

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
While insuring, there is always a clause whether the insurance should be comprehensive or not. There are some insurance policies on house thay don't cover the materials and the appliances inside while there are some that cover the entire building together with what are inside. Though this type is always expensive
Thanks bro for this explanation. Insurance company are with different types of policy and in which one can laid his/ hands on any type of choice. But insurance will take their time to explain more better to the insured . Its will be an agreement between the insurer and the insured whether to include appliances in their agreement or not.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Thanks bro for this explanation. Insurance company are with different types of policy and in which one can laid his/ hands on any type of choice. But insurance will take their time to explain more better to the insured . Its will be an agreement between the insurer and the insured whether to include appliances in their agreement or not.
You are welcomed. We always grow to learn and I believe that each insurance company has their own ways of doing their things. There are some insurance companies that even base some agents like brokers that will put the new insured person through by telling him their various packages and the limitations of each of these various insurance policies.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
It depends on what you signed up ,there is property insurance and home insurance and they differs , if you insure only your home against flood ,i think that is what the insurance company would only cover , it all depends on you at the first instan and what you insure , so they differs

Jamoflondon

Verified member
This is a very simple case, anything and everything you need to know should be written in the policy, if you happen to buy a home insurance, just make sure you the appliances coverage part is included so there won’t be any issue if you ever damage issues with your appliance

btaliat

VIP Contributor
This is a very simple case, anything and everything you need to know should be written in the policy, if you happen to buy a home insurance, just make sure you the appliances coverage part is included so there won’t be any issue if you ever damage issues with your appliance
That is a good idea but most time insurance doesn't work like that. The insurance is a very cunning investment that one needs to be careful while involving in it. There is always insurance policy for everything and it covers thst thing alone. For instance, a property insurance won't cover for the home appliances in that house .

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
I don’t think home insurance covers such like appliances because this things are not even worth insuring, if you ask me. Insurance should be some kind of assurance on what’s valuable to you, and I don’t think appliances are worth that much. It doesn’t occur to me that there is any policy for it

btaliat

VIP Contributor
I don’t think home insurance covers such like appliances because this things are not even worth insuring, if you ask me. Insurance should be some kind of assurance on what’s valuable to you, and I don’t think appliances are worth that much. It doesn’t occur to me that there is any policy for it
You have nailed it. People don't know that when they insure on something that is not likely to happen, they are only fetching money for the insurance company by doing so. Insurance is when we protect the risk against something that's valuable to us and not just anything. If we don't abide by this, we are only wasting our premium.