Can Electric Bikes Help Us To Save Money?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Nowadays the prices of petrol are rising day by day. I live in a country that does not produce much petrol and they get much of the petrol from other countries like Saudi Arabia and a few other countries. Right now the price of petrol in my country is around $1 and the rate of employment is also increasing along with the rate of inflation. This is making many people worried about the future and it seems like the government can do absolutely nothing about it. The major problem is that many people do not have any alternative way to save petrol. I am a kind of person who does not travel for a long distance but even I can feel that I now need to get my petrol tank filled more often. Now I am thinking about buying an Electric bike that would help me to save money. However, I do not know how much electricity would an Electric bike consume? Would I need to charge an Electric bike or would it charge itself? Many cars have generator that generate electricity which helps car batteries to charge up. I am wondering if Electric bikes also have a similar kind of system. Can someone please guide me?

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
In my place electric bikes and cars cost more than petrol powered cars and bikes. For example, you can by petrol powered motor bike for $2000, but you need to spend at least $3000 to buy electric motor bike. However, running cost and maintenance cost is very low for electric bikes and cars. Therefore, buying electric automobiles will ultimately save you money

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
In my place electric bikes and cars cost more than petrol powered cars and bikes. For example, you can by petrol powered motor bike for $2000, but you need to spend at least $3000 to buy electric motor bike. However, running cost and maintenance cost is very low for electric bikes and cars. Therefore, buying electric automobiles will ultimately save you money

I think we can reduce the price of electric bikes by reducing the manufacturing cost of such kind of bikes. I think the price of these bikes is so high because they install some sort of high-powered electric machines into such kind of bikes that could help them to reach high speeds I live in a city which is very crowded. We do not need a high-power electric bike that can reach the speeds of 100 km/h and a bike that can reach a minimum speed of 60 km/h will also be sufficient for us. The companies should reduce the manufacturing cost of these kinds of bikes so that they could become affordable in the end.

Mika

VIP Contributor
We cannot reduce the manufacturing cost of electric bikes and cars or automobiles in general. These bikes and cars are powered by batteries. These batteries are made from minerals that are scarce, and not found everywhere. If you are using renewable energy to generate electricity, you can charge batteries for a small cost, but batteries itself are very expensive.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
Electric bicycle can not reduce some expenses because human want is unlimited so therefore after when some one has cut down the little expenses that some one is incurring on petroleum.
The main problem is the government of the country. If the government is doing well I belive people of that nation will be doing fine.

D

Deleted member 28127

I see a promotional video of Alexander on Bizdustry asking for people about the electronic bikes he has purchased and detailing this advantage so I think it is a good decision to buy electronic bikes.

benlouie

After seeing the current situation moving towards electric vehicles is appreciatable. I think that in the future we all can see electric or power bunk instead of petrol bunk.