Crypto Can cryptocurrencies survive without hyping.

Ahmedo24

Verified member
Cryptocurrencies are seriously trending and to a reasonable extent for someone who is very informed about the digital world will agree that cryptocurrencies has come to stay.
In my own observation there are huge number of coins in the cryptocurrency ecosystem that don't have use case but their values keep growing either because an influential person or a celebrity is promoting the coin or. because the developers are creative to promote the coins themselves such that people begins to invest heavily as a result of fear of missing out.
Hyping simply means exaggerating the real value of something to motivate people to accept it.
In your opinion and experience in the crypto-currency market do you think cryptocurrencies can survive as a result of their use case instead of hyping them?.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Should I call it hyping? If I do, I may be impartial. No business or investment can survive without marketing. What you call or thought to be hyping is nothing but a way of marketing crypto. They do it to make sure people see it as the best investment because of course, all investment needs traders.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Except for Bitcoin, none of the coins have any usecase. We can use Bitcoin to buy products and services directly, can you use Ethereum, or ADA, or BNB to buy anything online or offline? Crytop currencies are just digital assets that will help people to make money just by holding for a certain time.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
A lot of cryptocurrencies survive by hyping. Imagine dogecoin that does not have any use case recently went up to 70 cent token some months ago. The reason was simply that Elon musk tweeted something about it.
A lot of people see cryptocurrencies as an investment opportunity and therefore holding some part of it for a specified amount of time

D

Deleted member 51169

First of all, I learnt somewhere in this forum that what we have is crypto coins and digital currency nothing like cryptocurrency/ies.

The only crypto coin that will not survive are the crypto coins that have no solution the offer in real life or that is not into other projects that could facilitate the use of their coins. So long as a crypto coins have usage and businesses that promotes it, it will definitely survive any attack.

Any coin that is meme is not wise to be kept for future uses, rather just for momentary cash outs.

minenovo

I honestly don't know. And I don't think we would ever learn the answer to that question - crypto is so tightly connected to social media that hype would always exist.

Phabbyfundz

Every good market is propelled by the driving force of media presence .If a market is constant talked about there is always a rise in the demand of that market. Take wall street USA for example if there is an available trading window the wall street broadcast the news for the general public to see.

Ahmedo24

Verified member
First of all, I learnt somewhere in this forum that what we have is crypto coins and digital currency nothing like cryptocurrency/ies.

The only crypto coin that will not survive are the crypto coins that have no solution the offer in real life or that is not into other projects that could facilitate the use of their coins. So long as a crypto coins have usage and businesses that promotes it, it will definitely survive any attack.

Any coin that is meme is not wise to be kept for future uses, rather just for momentary cash outs.
We have cryptocurrency and e-currency and they are collectively called digital currencies to me crypto coin and cryptocurrency they are the same and reasonable extent they could be referred to as digital assets but for the fact that country like El Salvador as adopted it as a legal tender then it is also a cryptocurrency because is used as a medium of exchange and also traded as an asset.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
Since there are already over 5000 coins and tokens, most of the coins will never see a daylight if they are never hyped. Advertising is required in order for people to know about the coin and also build investors. I think 90 percent of crypto users would have never heard of SHIB if Musk had not tweeted.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
To be honest, I am not into crypto coin until now because I still need more studies. Let's say Bitcoin is moving because there are buyers and there are sellers. What if the investors in Bitcoin have become passive like they are just waiting for the price to increase? The market price will not move and no transaction will occur for a year. What do you think will happen?

minenovo

It's an interesting hypothetical question but I doubt it will ever happen in practice. People are simply too different, so many traders would never be able to coordinate their actions for that long.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Personally if I am choosing the right cryptocurrency to invest , I do not invest in any cryptocurrency that survived by hyping because such cryptocurrency can only be profitable for short term investment and When the hyping is gone the cryptocurrency can either collapse or rugpull, this will make a lot of people to lose their hard earned money.