Buying Low and Selling high, When to Buy?

Ever wonder people celebrating a project for doing several X but your portfolio is still in negative? Trading in general entails buying at a right price and selling at the right/desired price because the only aim of trading is to make profit. A lots of crypto newbies fall prey to buying the top and become exit liquidity for others.

One important factor that we mostly ignore when buying a token is the Market cap (MC). Is mostly advisable not to buy when the MC is too high unless you are convinced. I know usecase, project team, community etc are other factors to be considered but MC is highly important and we mostly miss it out. It is mostly advisable to buy when the MC is very low, i.e buying a token very early but one major problem associated with this strategy is spotting this project on time. Some Kols claim tracking whale contract Address (CA) is the way to go, others believe Defilama, Dextool etc help them, while some believe some exchanges listed early. Either ways, what are your strategies to buying low and selling high?

BashirJasper

Buying tokens with low MCaps are always my style especially for projects with less popularity and innovative utility. I had an experience with TAO and since my first investment in the token on Bitget, it has made 10x.

Raymondblue

Ever wonder people celebrating a project for doing several X but your portfolio is still in negative? Trading in general entails buying at a right price and selling at the right/desired price because the only aim of trading is to make profit. A lots of crypto newbies fall prey to buying the top and become exit liquidity for others.

One important factor that we mostly ignore when buying a token is the Market cap (MC). Is mostly advisable not to buy when the MC is too high unless you are convinced. I know usecase, project team, community etc are other factors to be considered but MC is highly important and we mostly miss it out. It is mostly advisable to buy when the MC is very low, i.e buying a token very early but one major problem associated with this strategy is spotting this project on time. Some Kols claim tracking whale contract Address (CA) is the way to go, others believe Defilama, Dextool etc help them, while some believe some exchanges listed early. Either ways, what are your strategies to buying low and selling high?
Your analysis are quite insightful but it's important to note that coins like BTC, ETH, XRP BNB & BGB have very high Mcap yet it's the top priority of traders and even newbies coming to the space. It all depends on individual perspective and level of patience, BTC and other tokens listed above can still do 10× or more in the next bullrun with such a huge mcap already. But for new start-up projects, aside the points you have raised, the calibre of cex that list them could also be a good factor because most times, this tokens get exposure when the secure top cex listing from exchanges like Bitget, Binance and Coinbase. A good example is SHRAP that was listed few weeks ago on Bitget. The token is currently bullish showing a complete variation from the initial listing price.

Your analysis are quite insightful but it's important to note that coins like BTC, ETH, XRP BNB & BGB have very high Mcap yet it's the top priority of traders and even newbies coming to the space. It all depends on individual perspective and level of patience, BTC and other tokens listed above can still do 10× or more in the next bullrun with such a huge mcap already. But for new start-up projects, aside the points you have raised, the calibre of cex that list them could also be a good factor because most times, this tokens get exposure when the secure top cex listing from exchanges like Bitget, Binance and Coinbase. A good example is SHRAP that was listed few weeks ago on Bitget. The token is currently bullish showing a complete variation from the initial listing price.

Top exchange listing is very important to the survival of any project due to the exposure it bring. Also, some traders only trade token listed on CEX to minimize chances of been scammed so the need to get top CEX listing. Your point is understandable and welcome but understand that the token listed above are the cardinal point of crypto currency because they have huge impact on the whole industry.

I am Praise

I carefully study the tokenomics of a project before buying it. Also im drawn in by projects with solid fundamentals and utility, like PYTH, which recently got listed on multiple exchanges. Though i bought it on bitgetglobal to share from the discord treasure trove reward on the exchange.

BashirJasper

I carefully study the tokenomics of a project before buying it. Also im drawn in by projects with solid fundamentals and utility, like PYTH, which recently got listed on multiple exchanges. Though i bought it on bitgetglobal to share from the discord treasure trove reward on the exchange.
Talking about PYTH, it was an exciting experience for me yesterday as I joined the trade at -11% and got over 70% later

Incarts

Every trader has one thing in mind–profit like you rightly pointed out. However the strategy to reach this common goal is not a one-size-fits-all, trader A's strategy might not be effective for trader B and vice versa. Strategies like using a reliable bot, aping in early on exchanges that spot gems at their infancy (one of Bitget's strengths from my observation) and other strategies can be really effective

I think that buying low and selling high requires a combination of thorough research, market analysis, and emotional discipline. You need to do through research before committing to anything.
Having someone with experience to help you judge the situation before making any purchases and then stick to your plan, avoid FOMO, and don't panic sell during downturns. Ultimately though, for new crypto, it comes with experience.

Cryptomonk

In my case, I will study the coins' performance and market sentiment. After that, I will buy based on my strategy.

ImamShaheb

Valued Contributor
Top exchange listing is very important to the survival of any project due to the exposure it bring. Also, some traders only trade token listed on CEX to minimize chances of been scammed so the need to get top CEX listing. Your point is understandable and welcome but understand that the token listed above are the cardinal point of crypto currency because they have huge impact on the whole industry.
Tbh, DEXs are full of scarcity! Order books, spread, liquidity,depth... All matters in trading. That's why CEX is a safer bet for traders, while Bitget is providing some extra features like 'Candle Chart Order' utilizing this , traders get extra facilities in their traders.