Buying coffee beans from farmers

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
This business opportunity is appropriate for cargo vehicle owners. One fruit trader with a closed truck ventured into buying coffee beans from the planters. The beans are delivered straight to the processing plant. It is an easy profit because the trader of coffee beans is just like a delivery service. One issue of farmers is in bringing the farm produce to the market. That is the big opportunity of the traders.

A batch of coffee beans costing $1,000 is sold for $1,200 which means a profit of 20% is realized just for 1 or 2 days of work. Some traders would be lenient with the price as to give a small bonus to the farmers so they would sell the next harvest to him again. This buy and sell of coffee beans is not popular yet in some provinces.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
That's massive , well selling a bag of coffee bean for about 1 or two days shows that there are high demands and more demands would be attracted towards purchasing the product but could the person charge more for the coffee bean or its just estimation ,and this is really good I hope the sale of coffee beans increases on a high volume in other provinnce

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
This is really a good business venture with a large amount of fortune to make if properly and reasonably invested in.
But this maybe vary from country to country because you can't compare one particular consumers environment to the other...

There are going to be differences in taste and preferences. And moreover, it will work for countries which are heavily in use of this cocoa beans. I think it will definitely work where you this produce is highly demanded for.

Mika

VIP Contributor
I like coffee but I know nothing about coffee production, coffee processing, and coffee selling. But I believe there is money to be made in this business line. Since coffee has many health benefits, you can easily sell coffee. I hear that the profit margin in the coffee business is also very high. Now, this reminds me to fill my mug again.

Setho

VIP Contributor
Coffee is something that grows very well in town that is not very far away from my own place. The locals there and even around here do not consume so much coffee. So people have found a way or buying it from them for cheap and they're looking for a way to export it abroad to where they consume it.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
Coffee is something that grows very well in town that is not very far away from my own place. The locals there and even around here do not consume so much coffee. So people have found a way or buying it from them for cheap and they're looking for a way to export it abroad to where they consume it.
I think the cost of exporting it and mode they would adopt to export it is what is also some local farmers don't know in my area ,I think since they don't know they might just send it to the local manufacturer to make use of it , since coffee have so many potentials as it could be used for beverages too

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
Most of the traders are like you and me. They don't know the details of the coffee production particularly the processing of the beans that involves drying and roasting and grinding. What the traders do is to buy from the farmers and sell to the processors that are usually in the towns near the city. The traders earn good money by just transporting the harvest.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
You can buy this coffee process it and sell it to the international market in order to earn foreign currency. All you need to do is to first contact those who need it in the foreign countries before you can go ahead and negotiate with the Farmers. My uncle does this business very often.

Last edited: